Nokia Lumia 720 Camera Picture Quality Issue !

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Same problems exist on 920 and 928. And what is more curious is that the ***** guy from the Nokia camera developing team said on his tweeter account that these so called "great effects" are not bugs. Can you believe it?? Either he is drunk or he doesn't want to see that the photos taken after Amber look worse than before!
This is the guy: @jalakarhu. How can you sustain something that obvious isn't right? If somehow this so inteligent dude reads this thread, please just take a picture with Camera360 and then one with Nokia Camera or stock camera and see the huge difference.

Italoan Kersley

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey, guys!

Ok; maybe it's too late, but... well, you never know. haha' Alright, straight to the point: this problem (your photos being taken with noise and low quality) is due to a hardware limitation of the Lumia 720.
The Nokia Smart Cam app does take great photos independently of which Amber update is installed. The fact is that, simply, this app take lot of photos of 5 megapixels in sequence. And, to do that, your phone must have a processor that can handle it. Lumia 720, unfortunately, doesn't. But, to not prohibit 720 user from not being able to use the app, Nokia Smart Cam is still available for those whom owns Lumia 720 (and others low-end Lumias). But there's a note: due to its processor limitation, Lumia 720 can only take, on Nokia Smart Cam, sequences of 1 megapixel photos, so its hardware can process everything fast and easy.

Well, roughly speaking, that's it, guys. Hope it helped.
Hugs! :grin:

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey, guys!

Ok; maybe it's too late, but... well, you never know. haha' Alright, straight to the point: this problem (your photos being taken with noise and low quality) is due to a hardware limitation of the Lumia 720.
The Nokia Smart Cam app does take great photos independently of which Amber update is installed. The fact is that, simply, this app take lot of photos of 5 megapixels in sequence. And, to do that, your phone must have a processor that can handle it. Lumia 720, unfortunately, doesn't. But, to not prohibit 720 user from not being able to use the app, Nokia Smart Cam is still available for those whom owns Lumia 720 (and others low-end Lumias). But there's a note: due to its processor limitation, Lumia 720 can only take, on Nokia Smart Cam, sequences of 1 megapixel photos, so its hardware can process everything fast and easy.

Well, roughly speaking, that's it, guys. Hope it helped.
Hugs! :grin:
Hello,
You are right about 720. But what is wrong on 920,928? If you have one just take a picture with Nokia Camera and one with Camera360 app. You'll see my point

Del Rei

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the 1020 and have the same problem: after processing the image, it looks terrible. Loose focus and get kind of green.

Bought it already updated.

Disappointed.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
its very grainy and noisy for a 6 megapixell cam with carl zeiss optics! Seriously Nokia?!! i updated to Amber and i got gdr3!
but the cam performance is really disappointing! i hope u guys at Nokia are workin on it in a upcoming update that is SOON.( i hope its a prob with algotyhms or something that can be fixed by a software update)

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i hope so , but i have a;ready sent them many msgs on Nokia feedback, and got no reply whatsoever, so i dunno if they are aware, or if they are listening to our feedbacks!
bcoz there the grainy noisy camera issue, the micro sd problems, and the nokia music radio mix unavailabilty which is unfair, as well here drive instead of here drive+!

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Many of us are waiting for a fix regarding the camera problems which occur on many models: 920,928,1020...: color tinting, excessive blur/softening

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i already have Lumia amber + GDR 3 and the noise and grainy pix are the same if not worse
and that kind of yellow tint!
so have no high hopes on GDR3 for better quality pix

WE JUST WANT SHARP PICTURES!!!!!!!

drgeri

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Photos are terribile with gdr2 respect the Nokia lumia 900...and i dont think 8mp is way different than 6,7mp!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 720 using Tapatalk

adnan720

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
there was only one of hope GDR3 , for improved and sharped quality Images ,,,,

but here comes the reviews who upgraded to GDR3 , still facing the same grainy ,blurr, and soft and bad quality of images :(

Why Nokia Why ???

Developers Should be notify abt this issue , for lumia 720 users :(

gently

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Are we talking about the same phone here ?
I think the picture quality of the 720 is very good, especially low light.
WP_20130816_010.jpg
WP_20130823_018.jpg
WP_20131013_20_44_55_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20130823_018.jpg
    WP_20130823_018.jpg
    623.6 KB · Views: 9

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member