07-15-2015 02:45 AM
122 ... 2345
tools
    Hi! big kloppa thnx a lot i got ur pm but just a little confusion if u can help me with it. Firstly I need to be 100% sure that after reverting back to gdr1 i'll get the original camera quality which by the way i haven't experienced yet,only saw on the net i'm ready to let go the little features i'm getting with gdr2 or gdr3 for the camera quality. Secondly i have taken an appointment in a nokia care center for 2morrow in my vicinity,since i have bought my device 10 days ago i guess everything will be covered under the standard 1 year warranty. do u think i should give it to the professionals because as u said i really dn't wanna take any sort of risk and lastly should i wait for the black update if that can improve things which i doubt!
    sry for trouble but i'll be grateful if u can clear my dillema. :(
    01-11-2014 06:16 PM
    Hi! big kloppa thnx a lot i got ur pm but just a little confusion if u can help me with it. Firstly I need to be 100% sure that after reverting back to gdr1 i'll get the original camera quality which by the way i haven't experienced yet,only saw on the net i'm ready to let go the little features i'm getting with gdr2 or gdr3 for the camera quality. Secondly i have taken an appointment in a nokia care center for 2morrow in my vicinity,since i have bought my device 10 days ago i guess everything will be covered under the standard 1 year warranty. do u think i should give it to the professionals because as u said i really dn't wanna take any sort of risk and lastly should i wait for the black update if that can improve things which i doubt!
    sry for trouble but i'll be grateful if u can clear my dillema. :(
    Well i guess you have the best of both worlds right there in your hands!
    Seeing as you have an appointment with Nokia Care, perhaps it would be best to let them diagnose the phone first to see if the hardware is ok, etc..

Upon receiving it back, you could then decide if the problem is fixed with your phone or if it remains a software issue.
    If it is a software issue, you could try and revert to earlier firmwares to see if that resets your camera algorithms to something that you are happier with.

As for 100% guarantee on original camera quality, that hope is purely subjective and i suspect each individual handset will behave slightly differently. Having said that, it fixed my problems with the camera. Your mileage may vary.

As for waiting for black update, i just don't know. I will of course be trying out Lumia black when it arrives and hope it resolves the camera algorithm to something more usable.
    All the best!
    01-12-2014 07:39 AM
    thnx! a lot that has a cleared of a lot of confusions i'll first let the nokia care team take care of it. if that doesn't help i'll revert it back to gdr1.
    If u say so that it gets back the camera quality i'll definitely give it a try if nothing happens in the care center.
    I'm not asking for a very much enhanced camera quality but just the original one for which lumia 720 is known.
    thnx again! i'll surely keep u updated if things improve. :)
    01-12-2014 02:36 PM
    Big Kloppa one last little request can u post some pics from ur lumia 720 bundled with gdr1 so i can check them out.
    01-12-2014 02:49 PM
    I have Lumia 720, but when I taking picture for bracketing it generating much noise. I've set the ISO to 100 but still nothing! I have Amber update on my L720

So I think certain environment can creating noise, is it right?
    01-13-2014 09:03 AM
    I am utterly dissapointed with my nokia care center's response the predated my firmware from gdr23 to gdr2 and said that this is all they can do. this is the only software they can provide me with.
    although they did acknowledge the problem that the background gets blurred,the pics are coming out yellowish,there are pixel burst when zoomed in but they can do nothing about it as that is the only software they have.
    now the only optio i am left with is the revertion back to gdr1. if that can help me with things.
    I even contacted stephen.elop@nokia.com but no such major response. I have also mailed them some of my yellowish pics lets see if that is all they can do.
    01-13-2014 12:42 PM
    I have Lumia 720, but when I taking picture for bracketing it generating much noise. I've set the ISO to 100 but still nothing! I have Amber update on my L720

So I think certain environment can creating noise, is it right?
    Correct! Certain scenarios can produce more noise for which the small lens can not compensate! This can be overcome to some extent using manual photo settings.
    Last edited by big kloppa; 01-13-2014 at 01:26 PM.
    01-13-2014 01:14 PM
    Well i guess you have the best of both worlds right there in your hands!
    Seeing as you have an appointment with Nokia Care, perhaps it would be best to let them diagnose the phone first to see if the hardware is ok, etc..

Upon receiving it back, you could then decide if the problem is fixed with your phone or if it remains a software issue.
    If it is a software issue, you could try and revert to earlier firmwares to see if that resets your camera algorithms to something that you are happier with.

As for 100% guarantee on original camera quality, that hope is purely subjective and i suspect each individual handset will behave slightly differently. Having said that, it fixed my problems with the camera. Your mileage may vary.

As for waiting for black update, i just don't know. I will of course be trying out Lumia black when it arrives and hope it resolves the camera algorithm to something more usable.
    All the best!

hi there,
    sorry to disturb you again i am sending you some screenshots pls ur pm as there is some confusion in the installation process.
    01-14-2014 05:50 PM
    hi there,
    sorry to disturb you again i am sending you some screenshots pls ur pm as there is some confusion in the installation process.
    Hi

I have not received any screenshot. If you are slightly confused about installation, i would suggest not to proceed with the firmware downgrade as it may not go successfully.
    I think you would be better off waiting for official GDR3 and black firmware which should be released soon for the 720, and you should receive it via your carrier over the air.
    01-15-2014 06:12 AM
    Hi, I want to downgrade to GRD1, for my phone 059S370 RM-885... where can I find the files to do so?
    I've tried with Nokia Care Suite and the only firmware they let me download is the 3046.0000.1334.0002
    Help me, please! I want my awesome camera back!
    01-16-2014 01:33 AM
    wait for GDR3 , image processing is improved in GDR3 :)
    01-16-2014 08:16 AM
    wait for GDR3 , image processing is improved in GDR3 :)
    Correction, improved with the Lumia Black firmware.
    01-16-2014 08:19 AM
    I hope lumia black firmware will really improve the image quality of our 720...
    01-16-2014 08:23 AM
    Hi, I want to downgrade to GRD1, for my phone 059S370 RM-885... where can I find the files to do so?
    I've tried with Nokia Care Suite and the only firmware they let me download is the 3046.0000.1334.0002
    Help me, please! I want my awesome camera back!

Hi, i have sent you a pm...Be aware firmware flash is at own risk and may void your warranty!
    01-16-2014 01:59 PM
    A plea to Nokia!
    'Oh the goddess known as Lumia Black, will you bring the much needed comfort and joy!
    'We mortals are twiddling thumbs impatiently, and not enjoying our bumbling new toy'!
    01-16-2014 02:06 PM
    Read other thteads the lumia 920 users can't spot much difference post black update I think we re stuck with this till nokia can get some things right!
    01-17-2014 03:45 AM
    Hahahaha! nice try big kloppa but i dn't think anything can be done they have already got their camera algorithms wrong and dn't think so they will correct it any time soon
    01-17-2014 05:58 AM
    Point!
    01-19-2014 02:09 PM
    Point!
    North! West! South!, Which direction?
    01-20-2014 01:35 PM
    I have had same issue sometimes. But Lumia 720 has a great camera.
    The Fix
    Try Uninstalling
    Camera 360
    or any third party non-Nokia Camera apps
    Hope this fixes your problem
    01-21-2014 03:06 AM
    I have flashed my 720 with the Lumia Black firmware and the camera quality seems to have improved; less noise and sharper when zooming in. However those are my preliminary findings and will update once I play around with the camera some more. It is noteworthy that the max shutter speed has been lowered to 1 second and the max manual ISO level has been raised to 3200.
    rubenwidjaja likes this.
    01-26-2014 12:45 PM
    I have flashed my 720 with the Lumia Black firmware and the camera quality seems to have improved; less noise and sharper when zooming in. However those are my preliminary findings and will update once I play around with the camera some more. It is noteworthy that the max shutter speed has been lowered to 1 second and the max manual ISO level has been raised to 3200.
    how can you flash your lumia 720 with black firmware?
    01-27-2014 06:34 AM
    how can you flash your lumia 720 with black firmware?
    I used NCS to flash the ROM that has been floating around.

PS: To clarify, the shutter speed can still go above 1 second but only automatically and not manually using the dials.
    rubenwidjaja likes this.
    01-27-2014 07:25 AM
    nokia photos very clear on laptop compare to camera roll preview
    01-27-2014 07:46 AM
    nokia photos very clear on laptop compare to camera roll preview
    The camera roll lowers the quality for performance purposes. The pictures will be clearer if you open the photo with Nokia Camera or with the HD Photo Viewer app.
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.
    01-27-2014 08:16 AM
122 ... 2345