Nokia Lumia 720 Camera Picture Quality Issue !

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
do you use pro cam ? maybe the tutorial from pro cam will help you..
Man i used pro cam, nokia camera, camera 360, lol
and the rsult vary a little but all of them are soft and noisy
no SHARP images at all, and u dont wanna try zooming at all, believe me, the noise will eat out the picture, and that yellow tint is a killer
and tonight i found out something new, when i tried takin a pic with lights, the lights messed up the pic, my friedn has an iphone 4s, the lights were simply dots!

adnan720

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Its all Abt processing fault after GDR update ,,,, have u noticed the 2 sec preview just after click ??? the pic is sharped and detailed ,, but when it processed it goes bad quality.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
exactly the processing is not good at all, i think they can fix it
but do they aknowledge there is a problem?
and r they working on it?
thats the question

adnan720

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
i dont think so . they don't know abt this problem, i tried to contact nokia care help on twitter , but they are not aware of this problem :(

big kloppa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I too have had similar problems with the GDR2 amber update on the Nokia lumia 720! I have verified the pictures both pre and post update, and the quality of pictures post update is indeed impaired.
I have tried all various iso/exposure settings to correct the pictures but i just can not get the pictures to look or process in the way they looked pre amber. This is even the case with the new Nokia Cam application which can be installed following the instructions in an earlier post above
I have reverted back to GDR1 and my camera quality is back to where it was! :smile: I will wait to see if this issue is fixed as to me, the camera quality is essential and more important than the other amber improvements.

big kloppa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
My L720 Cam picture quality after amber update gone to gutters.

Any solutions to fix it.?

Well you could try and reflash with Nokia care Suite. I could check to see if your GDR1 firmware is availible. What is your product code?
Mine was 059S3T7 and i found the firmware online.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
It'll be in your SIM Tray. If that is an inconvenience then connect your phone to your PC and run NSU. It should display the product code in the bottom left corner.

big kloppa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Gaurav is right! You should find the product code if you take out the sim card holder and read the printed jargon on the holder itself. I cant remember if it is on the underside or topside of the holder.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
So, did you find any difference in picture quality compared to amber and black(GDR3) ? What is your opinion on performance and camera quality basis?

The pics were taken with GDR3 Preview. Black is just a firmware from Nokia. They both are different. Black will be released sometime in the first quarter in 2014.

Karthick Nice

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I have a 720 also and I tend to think that the picture quality was better before the amber update. But it is difficult to verify really.
And I had a N97 Mini few years ago (I still have it actually) and yes I also think the pictures came out clearer and sharper.
The Lumia 720 is pretty much a price entry phone while the N97mini was a high end model when it came out and it's very possible that the sensor in the N97mini is bigger than on the 720 (no idea here, just a guess). Maybe it's also a matter of how windows phone process the image compared to Symbian. From what I read Symbian seemed to do a better job here.

in5inity

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
could you please let me know how I can download the GDR1 firmware? I am on GDR2. I already got the Nokia Care Suite, my product code is 059S6L1. The only problem I am only able to download the GDR2 version with the Nokia Care Suite. You say you were able to find online. Could you help? Thank you very much.

in5inity

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Well you could try and reflash with Nokia care Suite. I could check to see if your GDR1 firmware is availible. What is your product code?
Mine was 059S3T7 and i found the firmware online.
Could you please help me to find the GDR1 firmware? My product code is 059S6L1. Thank you so much!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12