Nokia Lumia 720 Camera Picture Quality Issue !

Ganesh Jedi

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I do have the same problems with this phone iam disappionted with both nokia and windows. os looks very laggy even android is good compaired to this. added to this camera shutter buttom didnt worked from the time of Unboxing.

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 720 camera suffering vignetting now
dark spot appear at every corner of the camera
it will effect all 720 camera because of the low aperture

Here is my camera looks like now:
WP_20131203_09_16_02_Pro.jpg
vignetting.jpg

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
yeap I just check the vignetting issue on my lumia 720 come after update to amber
I hope it can fix after update to black and not permanently because of hardware

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Permanently, neah..I doubt it. Amber screwed up camera quality for most of the phones. As I've seen from some AT&T users with 1020 that received the Black update the camera algorithm is fixed so I hope that for all devices, the current problems will be solved.

rotsloeh

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
i was opting to buy this phone but seeing that there are issues with the OS update and no news of a fix i guess i'll wait it out for now until the new update has fixed the issues.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Well you can never know what the next update may bring. Seems that Nokia has created themselves a bad reputation from not properly testing the updates before releasing them.

cpnokia

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I am facing similar issue that others have facing on photo quality after the amber update. Wondering if anyone found a solution or do we wait for the next update to resolve it?
Do new Nokia buyers getting Amber software pre-loaded on their phones also face similar issues ?

cpnokia

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I too have had similar problems with the GDR2 amber update on the Nokia lumia 720! I have verified the pictures both pre and post update, and the quality of pictures post update is indeed impaired.
I have tried all various iso/exposure settings to correct the pictures but i just can not get the pictures to look or process in the way they looked pre amber. This is even the case with the new Nokia Cam application which can be installed following the instructions in an earlier post above
I have reverted back to GDR1 and my camera quality is back to where it was! :smile: I will wait to see if this issue is fixed as to me, the camera quality is essential and more important than the other amber improvements.

big kloppa, I didn't find GDR1 update using Nokia Care Unit. All I found was GDR2 there. How did you update to GDR1 ? My product code is 059S3N2 and type RM-885.

big kloppa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
big kloppa, I didn't find GDR1 update using Nokia Care Unit. All I found was GDR2 there. How did you update to GDR1 ? My product code is 059S3N2 and type RM-885.

Hi there, my apologies for not getting back sooner!

I have sent you a pm with details for your product code..

Thanks

Abeer Fatima

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
hello everybody i have been following this thread for a while now and have been facing the sane problem since i ordered my lumia online. i even updated it to gdr3 but that has solved nothing except for the same dirty yellowish tinted photos and when i zoom that o god! dn't even want to talk about that please please if someone is listening help me
-should i contact nokia care center and give my device to them.
-should i wait for the lumia black update which is gonna be there in few days
-should i try to revert back my device from gdr3 to gdr1 (someone pls also post the method to do so)
- should i try a hard reset as many people are suggesting on other threads.
pls someone suggest me a solution i havnt even got a single good pic from my device camera
also i am attaching a pic to prove my point

WP_20140103_094.jpg

Abeer Fatima

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
hello everybody i have been following this thread for a while now and have been facing the sane problem since i ordered my lumia online. i even updated it to gdr3 but that has solved nothing except for the same dirty yellowish tinted photos and when i zoom that o god! dn't even want to talk about that please please if someone is listening help me
-should i try to revert back my device from gdr3 to gdr1 (someone pls also post the method to do so)
pls someone suggest me a solution i havnt even got a single good pic from my device camera

View attachment 54223

big kloppa pls help me out in this i have already updated it to gdr3 tell me hpe to get back gdr1
my product code is 059S3N9

big kloppa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 54223

big kloppa pls help me out in this i have already updated it to gdr3 tell me hpe to get back gdr1
my product code is 059S3N9

Hello,

I have sent you a pm.

Abeer Fatima

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi! big kloppa thnx a lot i got ur pm but just a little confusion if u can help me with it. Firstly I need to be 100% sure that after reverting back to gdr1 i'll get the original camera quality which by the way i haven't experienced yet,only saw on the net i'm ready to let go the little features i'm getting with gdr2 or gdr3 for the camera quality. Secondly i have taken an appointment in a nokia care center for 2morrow in my vicinity,since i have bought my device 10 days ago i guess everything will be covered under the standard 1 year warranty. do u think i should give it to the professionals because as u said i really dn't wanna take any sort of risk and lastly should i wait for the black update if that can improve things which i doubt!
sry for trouble but i'll be grateful if u can clear my dillema. :(

big kloppa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi! big kloppa thnx a lot i got ur pm but just a little confusion if u can help me with it. Firstly I need to be 100% sure that after reverting back to gdr1 i'll get the original camera quality which by the way i haven't experienced yet,only saw on the net i'm ready to let go the little features i'm getting with gdr2 or gdr3 for the camera quality. Secondly i have taken an appointment in a nokia care center for 2morrow in my vicinity,since i have bought my device 10 days ago i guess everything will be covered under the standard 1 year warranty. do u think i should give it to the professionals because as u said i really dn't wanna take any sort of risk and lastly should i wait for the black update if that can improve things which i doubt!
sry for trouble but i'll be grateful if u can clear my dillema. :(

Well i guess you have the best of both worlds right there in your hands!
Seeing as you have an appointment with Nokia Care, perhaps it would be best to let them diagnose the phone first to see if the hardware is ok, etc..

Upon receiving it back, you could then decide if the problem is fixed with your phone or if it remains a software issue.
If it is a software issue, you could try and revert to earlier firmwares to see if that resets your camera algorithms to something that you are happier with.

As for 100% guarantee on original camera quality, that hope is purely subjective and i suspect each individual handset will behave slightly differently. Having said that, it fixed my problems with the camera. Your mileage may vary.

As for waiting for black update, i just don't know. I will of course be trying out Lumia black when it arrives and hope it resolves the camera algorithm to something more usable.
All the best!

Abeer Fatima

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
thnx! a lot that has a cleared of a lot of confusions i'll first let the nokia care team take care of it. if that doesn't help i'll revert it back to gdr1.
If u say so that it gets back the camera quality i'll definitely give it a try if nothing happens in the care center.
I'm not asking for a very much enhanced camera quality but just the original one for which lumia 720 is known.
thnx again! i'll surely keep u updated if things improve. :)

frenzyvanrafi

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 720, but when I taking picture for bracketing it generating much noise. I've set the ISO to 100 but still nothing! I have Amber update on my L720

So I think certain environment can creating noise, is it right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs