Nokia Lumia 720 Camera Picture Quality Issue !

Abeer Fatima

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I am utterly dissapointed with my nokia care center's response the predated my firmware from gdr23 to gdr2 and said that this is all they can do. this is the only software they can provide me with.
although they did acknowledge the problem that the background gets blurred,the pics are coming out yellowish,there are pixel burst when zoomed in but they can do nothing about it as that is the only software they have.
now the only optio i am left with is the revertion back to gdr1. if that can help me with things.
I even contacted stephen.elop@nokia.com but no such major response. I have also mailed them some of my yellowish pics lets see if that is all they can do.

big kloppa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 720, but when I taking picture for bracketing it generating much noise. I've set the ISO to 100 but still nothing! I have Amber update on my L720

So I think certain environment can creating noise, is it right?

Correct! Certain scenarios can produce more noise for which the small lens can not compensate! This can be overcome to some extent using manual photo settings.

Last edited:

Abeer Fatima

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Well i guess you have the best of both worlds right there in your hands!
Seeing as you have an appointment with Nokia Care, perhaps it would be best to let them diagnose the phone first to see if the hardware is ok, etc..

Upon receiving it back, you could then decide if the problem is fixed with your phone or if it remains a software issue.
If it is a software issue, you could try and revert to earlier firmwares to see if that resets your camera algorithms to something that you are happier with.

As for 100% guarantee on original camera quality, that hope is purely subjective and i suspect each individual handset will behave slightly differently. Having said that, it fixed my problems with the camera. Your mileage may vary.

As for waiting for black update, i just don't know. I will of course be trying out Lumia black when it arrives and hope it resolves the camera algorithm to something more usable.
All the best!

hi there,
sorry to disturb you again i am sending you some screenshots pls ur pm as there is some confusion in the installation process.

big kloppa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
hi there,
sorry to disturb you again i am sending you some screenshots pls ur pm as there is some confusion in the installation process.

Hi

I have not received any screenshot. If you are slightly confused about installation, i would suggest not to proceed with the firmware downgrade as it may not go successfully.
I think you would be better off waiting for official GDR3 and black firmware which should be released soon for the 720, and you should receive it via your carrier over the air.

Gaston Assayas

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I want to downgrade to GRD1, for my phone 059S370 RM-885... where can I find the files to do so?
I've tried with Nokia Care Suite and the only firmware they let me download is the 3046.0000.1334.0002
Help me, please! I want my awesome camera back!

big kloppa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I want to downgrade to GRD1, for my phone 059S370 RM-885... where can I find the files to do so?
I've tried with Nokia Care Suite and the only firmware they let me download is the 3046.0000.1334.0002
Help me, please! I want my awesome camera back!

Hi, i have sent you a pm...Be aware firmware flash is at own risk and may void your warranty!

big kloppa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
A plea to Nokia!
'Oh the goddess known as Lumia Black, will you bring the much needed comfort and joy!
'We mortals are twiddling thumbs impatiently, and not enjoying our bumbling new toy'!

Abeer Fatima

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Read other thteads the lumia 920 users can't spot much difference post black update I think we re stuck with this till nokia can get some things right!

Abeer Fatima

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hahahaha! :kiss: nice try big kloppa but i dn't think anything can be done they have already got their camera algorithms wrong and dn't think so they will correct it any time soon :angry::angry:

find_pratik1993

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I have had same issue sometimes. But Lumia 720 has a great camera.
The Fix
Try Uninstalling
Camera 360
or any third party non-Nokia Camera apps
Hope this fixes your problem

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I have flashed my 720 with the Lumia Black firmware and the camera quality seems to have improved; less noise and sharper when zooming in. However those are my preliminary findings and will update once I play around with the camera some more. It is noteworthy that the max shutter speed has been lowered to 1 second and the max manual ISO level has been raised to 3200.

Darth litku

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I have flashed my 720 with the Lumia Black firmware and the camera quality seems to have improved; less noise and sharper when zooming in. However those are my preliminary findings and will update once I play around with the camera some more. It is noteworthy that the max shutter speed has been lowered to 1 second and the max manual ISO level has been raised to 3200.

how can you flash your lumia 720 with black firmware?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven