Anyone sent a phone back for repair lately??

TheShez

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks,

For the last few weeks I have been dealing with sound problems, no sound from earpiece, no sound when dialing numbers, no camera sounds, no sound when playing videos, etc, so I decided to send my handset back to Nokia for repair, I live on an island where there is no Nokia repair centre. I went on to Support - Userguides, updates and downloads - Nokia - UK, went through the whole repair booking form, filling out all the required details, then when I click 'confirm booking' I get the following 'Sorry, our site just had an internal error. Please click here to go back to the home page.'

It's an absolute joke, I've been trying for two days and it just refuses to work. I also called Nokia Care today who knew nothing about the problem and told me to try again this evening.

I'm getting so frustrated, I need my phone working so I can use it for my job........the iPhone 5C is looking more attractive with every day that goes by!!

TheShez

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Update....

I took my Lumia 920 back to the store, they're sending it for repair, and they gave me a really terrible LG Android piece of poo. I persevered with it for a few days but really need a decent email platform for work, so....I picked up an HTC 8X on Ebay for ?150....in yellow, and I have to say, I think I might like it more than my Lumia, only minus is the camera.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

TheShez

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I took my Lumia 920 back to the store, they're sending it for repair, and they gave me a really terrible LG Android piece of poo. I persevered with it for a few days but really need a decent email platform for work, so....I picked up an HTC 8X on Ebay for ?150....in yellow, and I have to say, I think I might like it more than my Lumia, only minus is the camera.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your issues. Is your device still under warranty? Could you not get a full replacement?

TheShez

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes it's got a two year warranty, only had it six months, but I'm enjoying my HTC 8X so much I might stick with it for a while and just use the Lumia when on holiday, so I can take decent photos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos