Hardware resiliency question

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
So I've had my ATIV S for a couple months now, still loving it. However I keep it in a rugged sort of case. Being a rugged sort of case, it has overlays over the buttons. The only I'm worried about wearing out is the power button. It may just be my imagination, but I find even after a couple months of use, the power button seems to be flattened a bit. Still clicky though. I just don't want to have to send it off for repair. The volume and camera button are still going strong, however I rarely use them with the case on. The power button gets used multiple times a day of course.

For anyone who's had the ATIV for a long time, how has the power button held up?

Also, does anyone go without a case? Does the back of the phone show blemishes easily? I like to switch up sometimes and roll without the case (especially this phone as it's so slim and wonderful to hold and carry), but I don't want to if the back gets dinged and "scratched" easily.

Many thanks in advance, all.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you should care about wearing the buttons. You don't buy a phone not to use it, so use it, even though your buttons are getting weared. You can't stop using your phone just because you are afraid of breaking the buttons :wink:

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Haha "I save so much gas by not driving"

No no, what I meant is that I think my case is prematurely wearing out the power button. Because it is "rugged" so to speak, the overlay over the buttons is hard to push, so you have to use force, which I fear is putting more strain on the buttons than it was designed to withstand.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Haha "I save so much gas by not driving"

No no, what I meant is that I think my case is prematurely wearing out the power button. Because it is "rugged" so to speak, the overlay over the buttons is hard to push, so you have to use force, which I fear is putting more strain on the buttons than it was designed to withstand.

Ok, then I don't think it will harm it, but I'm not sure :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs