AT&T Unlock code

chamathpali

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys im new to this..,
I bought a lumia 920 from ebay last week . i didnt know that it was Locked to AT&T .Im currently in Srilanka and there is no AT&T service here.
it asks for an unlock code when i insert my sim. :unhappysweat: :unhappy:
I contacted AT&T with their live chat system, they told me that they can provide me the code for free but they asked me for an AT&T Account then they can give me the code asap.
so i dont have an AT&T ..
can't any of you guys who have AT&T accounts help me get the code ? ?

Thanks alot....

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd go with contacting the seller so he can do that for you. Did he mention the unit for sale was unlocked?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
They wouldn't give me the code either, something about paying my overdue bill first, HA! Anyways I used cellunlocker.net. $15, but it's unlocked now.

chamathpali

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys.
@multo nothing was mentioned in the listing.
@Kieta ; I Tried to buy a code via unlock service via ebay and they refunded the money after 2 days and said that all the servers were blocked or something (Unlock Codes at T Nokia Lumia 900 920 820 Fast Service | eBay)

@slmsd1968 : :( but how can i be sure ? it was a good seller.. the phone was also in great condition IMEI matches the box..

Any way i can get a code via one of your guys account? they said its free

Thanks

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Try cellunlocker. You put in your IMEI number and they will tell you if they can unlock, how long it will take and how much it will cost. I wouldn't bet on anyone here giving you their AT&T account number. You might as well ask for bank account and routing number while you're at it.

AnirudhG

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I was in the same situation, just tell them that you need to unlock the phone and give them the IMEI number, that's what I did. The support person didn't really ask me any questions regarding it. Tell them that you bought it off Ebay or Amazon and you don't have an AT&T number so you can't create an account.

zvnkt

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I was in the same situation, just tell them that you need to unlock the phone and give them the IMEI number, that's what I did. The support person didn't really ask me any questions regarding it. Tell them that you bought it off Ebay or Amazon and you don't have an AT&T number so you can't create an account.
I think you can follow this guide. I myself who are from Vietnam got a 920 locked to ATT through eBay too and just called ATT representatives asking for unlocking this phone. Everything was fine, no question about account or contract at all. It was since May 2013 though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon