Anyone know where the Nokia store is in Chicago? I can't find any answer. TAT

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: My 928 sucks!!! Its screen is broken suddenly.

My case is latter one.

Lol thanks, but you probably didn't have to respond separately to each one of us that basically made the same point. Anyway, because you are still under the warranty, I would actually go the route of calling Verizon's customer service to explain the situation. Just as long as they have no basis for claiming that you damaged the phone, they should replace it with a refurbished unit free of charge.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Considering that may have been the digitizer and lcd assembly, that is probably not a bad deal, if it includes the labor. I could see the assembly itself being that much.

Wow America must be very different to England then! iPhone screen repair can be done for ?60 ($95) and Lumia 920 ?70 ($110) including labour and screen and also includes tax that you don't pay in America! So that's why I thought $250 was VERY expensive!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Correct me if im wrong, but if the LCD just stopped working, that is considered manufacturing defect and warrants a replacement?

True. When I see "broken" I don't think "failed". I see a cracked screen. Since OP didn't specify, and I made this assumption, yes, it could be covered if not "broken". My assumption comes from several years working for an insurance company, with extended warranties.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Wow America must be very different to England then! iPhone screen repair can be done for ?60 ($95) and Lumia 920 ?70 ($110) including labour and screen and also includes tax that you don't pay in America! So that's why I thought $250 was VERY expensive!

For iPhone screen replacements I charge $75, parts, tax and labor. I think that is because iPhone is so popular here, the market is saturated with them, therefore causing parts to be reasonable.

For Lumia's, the parts are a bit more expensive, well the last time I looked any up. For some reason, the screen and lcd assembly is expensive. Probably due to the better quality parts!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Why do you say it's crime?

My phone is under the one year warranty, but I just bought it in Amazon, not verizon.
I did say it was a crime, but my statement was based on the use of the word "broken" which I assumed meant physically broken - cracked screen. Since my assumption was wrong, no, it is not a crime.

The reason that it is so expensive is that unlike other phones, the 928 has the digitizer and display fused together as one unit, and you have to replace the whole assembly, while other phones are made with the two separate, so you can replace only the digitizer. I replaced one for a family member and it cost me $25 (on a Sprint Arrive) for the digitizer (did the work myself). If the two layers were able to be replaced separately, it would be much cheaper.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I did say it was a crime, but my statement was based on the use of the word "broken" which I assumed meant physically broken - cracked screen. Since my assumption was wrong, no, it is not a crime.

The reason that it is so expensive is that unlike other phones, the 928 has the digitizer and display fused together as one unit, and you have to replace the whole assembly, while other phones are made with the two separate, so you can replace only the digitizer. I replaced one for a family member and it cost me $25 (on a Sprint Arrive) for the digitizer (did the work myself). If the two layers were able to be replaced separately, it would be much cheaper.

Eh, the digitizer and lcd are made as one piece on the iPhone as well. Alot of it comes down to market penetration. iPhone is so commonly available, parts can be produced in mass, making them more affordable. We're seeing this iPhone 5 parts right now. Prices for replacement parts are becoming more affordable.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Eh, the digitizer and lcd are made as one piece on the iPhone as well. Alot of it comes down to market penetration. iPhone is so commonly available, parts can be produced in mass, making them more affordable. We're seeing this iPhone 5 parts right now. Prices for replacement parts are becoming more affordable.

Didn't realize that - I've not taken one apart. But yes, penetration does have a lot to do with it. Many phones, though, do not have them as one assembly.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

There's s Microsoft store on Michigan ave but u can mail the phone into Nokia to have it repaired or swapped under warranty

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Lol thanks, but you probably didn't have to respond separately to each one of us that basically made the same point. Anyway, because you are still under the warranty, I would actually go the route of calling Verizon's customer service to explain the situation. Just as long as they have no basis for claiming that you damaged the phone, they should replace it with a refurbished unit free of charge.

Sorry, because I wanna make everyone know my case.
As you see, My 928 was bought in Amazon, not Verizon.(Without Contract)
Will they also solve this problem?????? I am not buying it in Verizon.

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

There's s Microsoft store on Michigan ave but u can mail the phone into Nokia to have it repaired or swapped under warranty

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Yep. You inspired me. The microsoft may be a place my friend can go to help me.
But I am not sure if the microsoft will help me or not.

I actually wanna mail the phone to Nokia directly, buy I can't find any mailbox which serve the customers. Can you tell me?
I wanna contact one staff who will be in charge of my case.

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...t-activated-my-fingers-froze.html#post2171811

Tell me why.TAT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs