AT&T OTA update infinite reboot

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So I got the update! Now my phone is rebooting infinitely. I tried hard resetting (volume down, up down power key combo) but it's still rebooting infinitely.

Any suggestions? I might just have nokia repair it for me because I also have some minor display issues on this device.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Some people have had success with letting the battery drain until it's completely dead and then rebooting the phone or doing the same hard reset key combo you mentioned to break out of the infinite reboot.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried taking the battery out and reinserting it to see if the problem continues when it powers on again? Can't do that with the 920 but the battery in the 820 is removable.

RKT231

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem tried everything in the end spent most of the day learning how to flash ROMs on windows phone to finally get it to work. It might just be worth taking it the store but hey at least it was a learning experience.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem tried everything in the end spent most of the day learning how to flash ROMs on windows phone to finally get it to work. It might just be worth taking it the store but hey at least it was a learning experience.

I'm actually halfway through flashing it. Every damn tutorial is out of date- navifirm+ gets an error, newer versions basically need a donation to work so I donated... Got the thing, then no tutorial could agree on where to put the download for nokia care suite (I spent the better part of an hour just trying to figure out where the files needed to go for it to be detected). Eventually I just found the latest update to nokia care suite and tried some more combinations of folders and it finally worked.

The flash succeeded and I'm waiting for it to boot as I type this................success.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Way to gut it out. I love when people refuse to accept defeat and FIND a way to make things work. Good luck with YOUR phone.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
For the record, here's where you place the files

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-824

No further subfolders. I have 11 files in here (obtained from navifirm+ which I donated to use the browse feature)

RM-824 being for the ATT lumia 820- look up what model represents your device.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium