Glance

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
which phone do you have?

I have 920. When choosing Peek it says hover your hand over your phone to see your glance screen. The Glance is already showing time when it's set to Peek. So, what does the hover do? Also it says "clock and notifications". What notifications?

xpxp2002

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have 920. When choosing Peek it says hover your hand over your phone to see your glance screen. The Glance is already showing time when it's set to Peek. So, what does the hover do? Also it says "clock and notifications". What notifications?
I also don't understand the "clock and notifications" switch. If I turn Glance to Always On, but set clock and notifications to off I see nothing. In addition, is there a way to set Glance to only operate when the phone is plugged in/charging? I don't want to waste battery power on it, but it is nice to have on when the phone is sitting on the wireless charging plate.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Glance screen comes on when you lock your phone, then goes away after awhile. I think it stays on to long, hopefully that gets fixed with later updates.

NinjaPenguin777

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yea I don't understand the point of this. I put it on interval and it is always on. I got a text message and it doesn't show on that screen even with notifications and clock on. So what's the point? Just having your clock on all the time?

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think the default with Glance and Peek is that when you first lock the phone it will show the clock. After a few seconds, 10-20, it will go off. To get it back, just pass your hand over the screen.

There is an update for Glance that removes the Clock and Notifications switch.

xpxp2002

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes the peek does not work consistently, i am guessing its due to the dust in the proximity sensor
That is possible. I noticed if I set it to "peek," it will come on momentarily when I first lock the phone. Then it disappears. You may just need to wait 5-10 seconds after locking the phone to test it.

Dave B2

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, Nokia 920, Glance set to Peek, it stays on constantly, but when I cover the front camera lens with my finger it disappears. The moment I remove my finger, it comes back. I have my phone on my desk and the glance screen has never disappeared.

NinjaPenguin777

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Peek works for me, but interval just stays on all the time until the sensor is covered. Kind of seems stupid and if the notifications don't work I don't really see the point of this.

I have the same problem, Nokia 920, Glance set to Peek, it stays on constantly, but when I cover the front camera lens with my finger it disappears. The moment I remove my finger, it comes back. I have my phone on my desk and the glance screen has never disappeared.

Are you sure you don't have it on interval?

Dave B2

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Have it on peek, checked it multiple times. Even tried Interval, does the same thing.

My bad, you're right Mio, I have it at my desk, charging, that's why it stays on. Thanks for the tip.

xpxp2002

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I noticed setting it to Peek seems to keep it on while the phone is plugged in. Are you still having trouble getting it to go away when you're on battery?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb