Silly ol' AT&T

DJWhiteSquall

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
After your GDR2/Amber update is complete, be sure to go back into your WiFi Advanced Settings... if you had "Keep Wi-Fi on when the screen times out" checked, somehow AT&T accidentally forgot to keep your setting. I'm sure they are really sorry you had to use your data plan while timed out... :wink:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
They don't give us Data Sense and then silently uncheck Wi-Fi ON when screen times out burning more LTE data... hmmm...

That was likely the bug that delayed the OTA for ATT users. Only after the rom was fixed to have this unchecked it was ready to be released.
:winktongue:

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that this morning too...after having WiFi off all night. It's a good thing I have my lte turned off so I never have to worry about my phone sucking up my 200mb plan!!

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Excellent catch! I would have never thought to go look there as supposedly nothing changed in that department. Someone with access to Daniel should have him post something on it so more people see it. That could actually cost someone who is simply unaware or not savvy enough to even think about it. And yes, mine was off too.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
This is why I'm sticking with the GoPhone $60 plan. I still get LTE, but don't have worry about the contract commitment and can jump ship anytime. I'm waiting for T-Mobile re-farming to complete so I can take my 920 to T-Mobile.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
if you are on ATT you are paying too much for it.

Att isn't cheap, but for my family and myself, it works good and their support people have been great when needed. It sounds like you haven't been so lucky. Hope things go better for you and yours in the future. On a side note, love the conspiracy theory threads. Keep em' coming.

Last edited:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow... Reading things like this makes me all the more glad I'm on T-Mobile. I had a momentary lapse with reality nearly a year ago when I was considering switching to AT&T, but I'm glad I immediately came back to my senses!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2