SIM card problem?

capcom303

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
So is this a SIM card problem or network problem. Have the 1020 on ATT and we have been having issues with service for months now. One of my problems is if my phone locks onto a 4G signal I only get one or two bars and when it is on 4G I can't make or receive phone calls or text. Called tech support and he acted like he knew something. Any way he had me turn data off, still could make a call, turn wifi off and I could make a call. Now the only problem here was I had a 3G signal and 4 bars but he didn't seem to understand I only had the problem when on 4G. Now he has me turn off phone and he is going to clear everything and resend it to my phone. Turn phone back on and nothing worked, put sim in another phone and same thing, nothing worked. Credited me $30 and said I would need to get a new SIM which I told him would not be until the next day. Great no phone until the next day. Anyway I put the sim back in the 1020 and after a few mins it is working fine as long as I have a 3g signal, still if I get the 4G one nothing. Would a new SIM fix this? Other big thing is if I go into town they have LTE and my battery drops fast on that. Was wanting on meds to get filled and phone dropped 12% in 20mins. This thing suck in an LTE area and since ATT locks it down you can't lock it so it will stay on 3G. Going to the store tomorrow and raise some help but I don't think it will help. Less then 30 days left on contract so I might be switching

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You might as well try a new SIM. It won't cost anything, and it can't hurt.

I've had connectivity issues resolved by getting a new SIM.

capcom303

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
The tower that I was normally hitting was a 3G tower and I think they have a new tower on now and it is 3G but I think these phones are set to go to a 4G or LTE tower and like I said if I do show 4G it is one bar most of the time so I think it is because I have a weak signal. I can drive 6 miles away to the next town and only have a one bar 4G signal and I know I'm only 3 miles from a 3G tower. If they would let me lock the phone to a 3G signal I think most of my trouble would go away

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans