After amber update Lumia 620 powers on itself after being switched off!

Ahmed Fahmie

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
i had a very smooth, successful update to amber through NSU, every thing running perfectly.
then when i tried to switch off the phone i found tht it turns it self on, checked many times and it only worked two times other wise it keeps turning on for no reason after shutdown tried hard reset and still nothing, any one has any thought about wat might be causing that and how to fix it!

Last edited:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Is the phone plugged in to a wall charger? (Your phone powers on when connected to a charging source)
Did you try a soft reset?

Ahmed Stokon1

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem as you say bro
and i sent my mobile to Nokia care centre and they did nothing
still have this issue after updating from NSU

Ahmed Fahmie

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem as you say bro
and i sent my mobile to Nokia care centre and they did nothing
still have this issue after updating from NSU
so did they tell you wat they tried? and is it safer to use Nokia care suit or it doesnt matter cause the NSU looks more convenient and easier

Sanjoy Bose

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I did many soft and hard resets
still having it
It is some sort of bugs into 620 Update, so, use Flight mode for now, Nokia will again update it in short time. Please don't use too much resets as it can corrupt the OS. Q: Did you got the FM Radio? They are saying in 620, FM Radio will not be available...

AHMED STOKON

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
It is some sort of bugs into 620 Update, so, use Flight mode for now, Nokia will again update it in short time. Please don't use too much resets as it can corrupt the OS. Q: Did you got the FM Radio? They are saying in 620, FM Radio will not be available...
no FM radio for the 620
and why i have to use flight mode ?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
It is some sort of bugs into 620 Update, so, use Flight mode for now, Nokia will again update it in short time.

How do you know this? What is your source?

Please don't use too much resets as it can corrupt the OS.

????? Rubbish. How can it possible corrupt the OS? Are you just making this up?

Re the shutdown issue, I had this problem with my Lumia 720. One thing that worked for me was to shut the phone down and wait until it rebooted. As soon as the lock screen appeared, I immediately shut the phone down again without first unlocking the phone. The second time the phone shut down and stayed off. I suspect there's some system process that's crashing during the shutdown process. Perhaps shutting it down the second time before unlocking the phone prevents this process from running.

And FYI, my Lumia 720 now seems to have fixed itself and shuts down normally. So perhaps the shutdown issue is linked to some background updating that goes on after GDR2 is installed that takes some time to complete.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Q: Did you got the FM Radio? They are saying in 620, FM Radio will not be available...

The 620 does not have the hardware connection between the headphone socket and SoC necessary to implement FM radio. The FM radio relies on the headphone leads to act as an antenna, so the lack of a physical connection means FM radio on the 620 can't be added with a software update.

tekbod

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 720 had the same problem after I turned it off it would restart itself . It did it this morning but this afternoon it seems to have fixed itself ! I don't think I did anything unusual to cause the change.

revlou

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this problem for over a month, but until now I couldn't find anyone else online having the same problem, so I assumed it was just my phone.

It started just after the big OS software update about a month or two ago.

I've had my phone "repaired" twice by Vodafone to no avail. They have just replaced it with a new one, but it has exactly the same problem.

I tried resetting my first phone, changing the shell, playing with settings all without success.

It's very clearly a software problem, like someone mentioned, some process that's not shutting down properly.

One thing that seems to have helped (although I'm not sure if it's fixed the problem) is to change the sync setting within hotmail on the phone to just sync 7 days' worth of emails instead of everything.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this problem for over a month, but until now I couldn't find anyone else online having the same problem, so I assumed it was just my phone.

There are several threads on the Lumia 720 forum about this issue with 720 handsets after updating to Amber. There is no real solution, but turning mobile data off before shutting down seems to allow the device to successfully power off. I'm hoping Nokia address the issue in the upcoming Black update.

AxiK

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Same here..windows sucks in general view. Had thousand problems on my pc with windows 8.1 and ofcourse my phone too. It seems that every update microsoft releases makes things worst than ever. Bull**** i say to that nerds!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans