Fixing Chinese Lumia 925 RM-910

David Min

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello there,

I got a Lumia 925 from China, RM-910, with China Unicom's software. I have taken the phone to Canada. Although I am able to access the app store and everything seems to work, I cannot add Facebook accounts to the phone, even though it's also linked to my Microsoft account. I can download the Facebook app, but it would not integrate into the phone (e.g. contacts). It seems to be a firmware issue - the Chinese versions simply don't have Facebook support built in. Is it possible to flash the firmware to another version to get the Facebook integration?

RM-910 is the version without 4G, and according to Wikipedia, only sold on China Unicom and China Mobile carriers. How might I fix this issue?

p.s. Nokia did not release 925 in Canada, so official support might be a long shot.

Regards,
David

David Min

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, your avatar looks great! :p

I looked on the Chinese side of the web and there seems to be a Vietnamese version of the firmware that many have reported to have flashed successfully. My primary worry now is - if I somehow brick the phone, possibly no one in Canada will be able to fix my phone. Any suggestions? In a case of bricking the phone, what might I do other than send it off to China again?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, your avatar looks great! :p

I looked on the Chinese side of the web and there seems to be a Vietnamese version of the firmware that many have reported to have flashed successfully. My primary worry now is - if I somehow brick the phone, possibly no one in Canada will be able to fix my phone. Any suggestions? In a case of bricking the phone, what might I do other than send it off to China again?

All I know about Canada and Nokia is that they hate each other, meaning you'll be hanging on a thread if you break something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99