No Updates Available

mikec6282

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I did a soft reset of the phone as well and it's showing that there are no updates available.
Please let me know if you find a solution!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I did a soft reset of the phone as well and it's showing that there are no updates available.
Please let me know if you find a solution!

Who is that in the avatar?
Also ensure your country has official updates available for your phone model.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, my first update popped up when I clicked the check for updates button. For the second update, it wasn't notifying me until I was on wifi. So maybe try that? Join a wifi network and then click the check for updates button.

anon(5327207)

May 28, 2011
Visit site
So its Monday, we have update all our friends and families Nokia 920 (9 in total, USA ATT)..... Yet this One White 920 is still eluding us. Anyone has any ideas?

Cirga

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a white 920 on AT&T that still hasn't been able to pick up the GDR2 update as well. Have tried checking for updates on wifi and over LTE without any luck. I live in MA, starting to wonder if it has something to do with your location.

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So its Monday, we have update all our friends and families Nokia 920 (9 in total, USA ATT)..... Yet this One White 920 is still eluding us. Anyone has any ideas?

Live in the Bay area (California).... have 2 920s in the family... yellow one picked up the update in the first hour.... wife's white one not so lucky.... last checked today morning (8:30am PST) :(
Seems like many of us in the same boat have one thing in common.... White AT&T 920s....

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Live in the Bay area (California).... have 2 920s in the family... yellow one picked up the update in the first hour.... wife's white one not so lucky.... last checked today morning (8:30am PST) :(
Seems like many of us in the same boat have one thing in common.... White AT&T 920s....

Ohio, US here. Both my wife's white and my black L920 picked up updates right away. No issues here. Doesn't seem to be related to white L920, possibly server related? strange indeed.

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Ohio, US here. Both my wife's white and my black L920 picked up updates right away. No issues here. Doesn't seem to be related to white L920, possibly server related? strange indeed.

Nice to know that it's nothing related to the white one..... maybe certain phone models in certain markets or so.... hard to believe that even after a weekend they would try to hold back on updates on certain devices.... but here's to hope that nothing's wrong on our end :)

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the posting on AT&T forum. I replied to that with more details. Looking at the limited number of replies, it seems we are the lucky few out here? (May be change the topic to attract more people with this issues, if there are any more?)

Cirga

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I was able to get my phone to update to GDR2, not sure if you guys will be able to replicate it or not as I'm not entirely sure what caused the update, I'll tell you what I did though. I decided to try and factory reset my phone, thinking that maybe it was something wrong with the phone. When I factory reset the phone I got stuck on the spinning cogs for about 3 hours, and was unable to get past that point, even soft resetting didn't help. I did a little searching around and found the following site that had a guide and tool for fixing bricked phones that were stuck on the cogs. How to easily fix the Lumia reset spinning cogs at home : My Nokia Blog

I downloaded the tool and ran it, took a couple hours to download the firmware update, it started off at 2mbg/s but after the first few minutes it fell down to the 70-100kb/s range. After installing the firmware and getting all the basic account stuff set back up on the phone I then checked for updates, nothing, but when I checked the OS version in the About menu it said I was on OS version 8.0.10328.78. I was just able to turn on the Preview for developers app and am downloading GDR3 right now.

So I’m not sure if the Nokia firmware app installed GDR2 or if my phone just picked it up as it was going through the initial setup process. Either way it will require you to wipe your phone, which is a bit of pain(the firmware updater wipes local data). Hope this helps, and GL trying to get the update.

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure I want to replicate that action on my wife's phone :) .... but it seems to me that you basically flashed GDR2+Amber, and not an actual Amber OTA which I am looking forward to.... for all the things GDR2+Amber does, she will be looking forward to the Smart Cam stuff, but not enough to have to reinitialize the device :)

anon(5327207)

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Here we are on the 31st, and still no update on the one White Nokia 920. ATT told me to contact Nokia and Microsoft. both companies told me to contact ATT.

At this point, I have no idea what to do..... :(

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
great.... so I guess the only solution that remains is to hard reset it and try again..... and if that does not work, then flash and forever lose the ability to upgrade again?

It would be good to know if we can get the Black update even if we flashed the update to GDR2+Amber and then used the developer preview for GDR3.... as I said, not enough incentive to reset the phone to factory settings for GDR2+Amber only, but if this is going to be true for all future updates (assuming there are going to be more), then there is cause for concern for me.... :(

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
reading MikadoWu's experience, made me take the plunge and just update the firmware using Nokia Retail Updater.... made sure to back up all data and apps (from System>Backup to make the job of restoring a little easier).... worked like a charm (although had to reinitialize the phone :( ) .... now rocking Amber with GDR3 Preview... if any of you are going down this route, please remember to back up all your data (pictures, ringtones, videos etc.)... this is akin to firmware reset, .... but much easier than flashing as all the work is done by the Nokia Updater for Retail...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss