I need your opinion.

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah true,Also 520 is low end,but if you think clearly,you can actually see that actually it aint low end,the 1020 which is the released top model lumia have just 1.5ghz dual core and 2GB of ram. Ok,the ram have a big difference,but what about the cpu,it aint much difference,also it seems like that the WP8 is lighter os than android,so it requirers less powerful hardware,so it cost less and it might waste less battery too! Android phones are mess,there are phones with single core 800mhz - quad core 2ghz.So i think there many android phones but most of them are not so fast.i can clearly tell that you can't get a bettter smartphone than lumia 520 in the price of 100$,usually android phones with that price have android 2.3,single core and other low end stuff,i got an android phone which is slightly cheaper than the the 520 and it's 2 years old,it's really slow,all i can say that it worth on that phone is the gps and the Camera. So conclusion with the WP8 is,it's an amazing os that doesn't requires really powerful hardware but people get away of it,because the app dev is poor and it's not so well known like the other smartphone os'. I think WP8 one day,maybe not too far in the future,will actually take over the smartphone lead. I'm a big android fan boy but i tell my opinion about it,even though i don't have a lumia yet. Sorry for huge text,couldn't express my self with different way.

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah true,Also 520 is low end,but if you think clearly,you can actually see that actually it aint low end,the 1020 which is the released top model lumia have just 1.5ghz dual core and 2GB of ram. Ok,the ram have a big difference,but what about the cpu,it aint much difference,also it seems like that the WP8 is lighter os than android,so it requirers less powerful hardware,so it cost less and it might waste less battery too! Android phones are mess,there are phones with single core 800mhz - quad core 2ghz.So i think there many android phones but most of them are not so fast.i can clearly tell that you can't get a bettter smartphone than lumia 520 in the price of 100$,usually android phones with that price have android 2.3,single core and other low end stuff,i got an android phone which is slightly cheaper than the the 520 and it's 2 years old,it's really slow,all i can say that it worth on that phone is the gps and the Camera. So conclusion with the WP8 is,it's an amazing os that doesn't requires really powerful hardware but people get away of it,because the app dev is poor and it's not so well known like the other smartphone os'. I think WP8 one day,maybe not too far in the future,will actually take over the smartphone lead. I'm a big android fan boy but i tell my opinion about it,even though i don't have a lumia yet. Sorry for huge text,couldn't express my self with different way.

I have also migrated from android and I will never go back Nokia call this meager Lumia 520 low end in reality its a really good mid range phone as most low range androids have the painstakingly slow adreno 205 graphics the 520 has the powerful adreno 305 !!! That's a pretty big deal not to mention its a dual core snapdragon s4 pro made with the efficient 28nm processor low end android usually have a single core snapdragon S2 as per my wife's old Kyocera rise. This is the best bang for my buck phone I've ever bought

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say there is any lag at all. Sure the 520 is a low end windows device but if it was android it is a mid range device.

The snapdragon s4 pro with adreno 305 is fast especially for the lightweight windows phone 8.

If there are issues they are usually with third party apps and poor coding.

On the OS level the 520 is fast from what I hear its just as fast as as the higher end windows phones with only 512mb ram and like 500mhz processor speed which is not a lot a lot at all.

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I want the 520 for basic stuff.fb,skype etc...

while I hear you can use Skype with the rear camera the 520 does not have a front camera so you can't see who your talking to when they can see you.

Keep that in mind the 620 or 625 might be more to your liking as they are still reasonably prices albeit 150 rollers more

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Well i never do video calls with skype,i prefer either from pc or tablet,also i want to ask if the digitizer/tough screen have any problems,my bro had a 5800 and the touch screen had poor reliability so im worried

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Well i never do video calls with skype,i prefer either from pc or tablet,also i want to ask if the digitizer/tough screen have any problems,my bro had a 5800 and the touch screen had poor reliability so im worried

the touch screen/digitizer is incredibly good you can use it with gloves on I forget what the actual tech is called bit it is really good. There is a setting where you can turn touch sensitivity to high or normal

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i know that but i wonder if anyone who have the 520 for long,ever occured any problems with the digitizer,older touchscreen nokias had poor rep about their horrible touch screen reliability and sensivitive.

Ice_Cold_Q

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Just joined the WP world as one of my friends just bought a lumia 520 and it impressed me, looks good and performs well, right now I'm on a nokia 113 and I'm looking to either get the 520 or 620 but I cant decide on which one to get. which one do you guys think is honestly better??? also Is the keyboard on the 620 good seeing as it has a kinda small screen?

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I bought the 520,and damn this is the best phone i had.The biggest minus for me is that there is no flash,but the camera is really good and the speaker is really good.Really fast and easy to use,i learned how to use it in under 30m...
Conclusion
keep-calm-and-love-lumia.png

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the 520 myself and I am very happy with it. Best phone to cost device I've ever seen.

Sure the screen is a tad glary in the sun, but no other Lumia is 4 inch and I love being able to easily reach the entire screen and keyboard with one hand. one hand typing is a dream on this phone. Try that on a 920/1320/1520 ect lol

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the 521 variant and I don't care much for the lack of flash except at night when your out with friends and want to take a picture. Kinda throws me out if the loop. When I was using my focus flash I didn't like that the screen was so small. Having the 4 inch screen feels like a big difference to me. So yeah I think the 620 would be a better option for you.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
620 would be a better choice than 520. I've used both the phones. The 620 has a slightly smaller screen, but it isn't really a problem. If you can afford it, the extra features are definitely worth it - front camera, flash for the rear camera, glance screen, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss