I need your opinion.

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys i made a new thread because obviously i refer for another phone lol.Well it said a locked my choice to 820,but lately i found out about the 520 ( i knew about it before tho) and lately i seen that its specs are good too,as i know the WP8 is a lighter os so it can run it with worse cpu compared to android.Even the 1020 which is the top model that got released lately have the same cpu with 820/920 (1.5ghz dual core) so i thought... The 520,which its size it's pretty good for me (my current phone is 3.7 inches and i no feel i want bigger screen) and it's really cheap,only 180 euro here...So i think i decided maybe i should go with 520,i seen videos in youtube that can run games like NFS with amazing graphics and no lag!
Of course 820 is better but idk i need to make up my mind because for me,it's kinda expensive...I'm confused,should i save up a little more for the 820 or get the 520?

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys i made a new thread because obviously i refer for another phone lol.Well it said a locked my choice to 820,but lately i found out about the 520 ( i knew about it before tho) and lately i seen that its specs are good too,as i know the WP8 is a lighter os so it can run it with worse cpu compared to android.Even the 1020 which is the top model that got released lately have the same cpu with 820/920 (1.5ghz dual core) so i thought... The 520,which its size it's pretty good for me (my current phone is 3.7 inches and i no feel i want bigger screen) and it's really cheap,only 180 euro here...So i think i decided maybe i should go with 520,i seen videos in youtube that can run games like NFS with amazing graphics and no lag!
Of course 820 is better but idk i need to make up my mind because for me,it's kinda expensive...I'm confused,should i save up a little more for the 820 or get the 520?

If you do not NEED any apps that have a 1GB requirement then get the 520. I'll also point out that they both have the same storage (8GB) which in my opinion is enough for apps, but it can be filled pretty easily. If those are your options, I will choose the 520 because storage is the same and performance is as well. Also, I believe that it is cheaper. So win win

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Well most likely i won't need any app with 1GB requirment,i got an android tablet too,so i actually use my phone for gaming in very desperate situations :p. Well also i noticed there is no flash,but i used phone before without flash,and if you just set it to night mode there is not actually any problem at ll. Also i noticed it uses BL-5J battery,this battery is mainly used to top symbian models of nokia,lol no wonder how it's actually enough to run on lumia :p. But one question,can i use the GBA emulator on the 520,i got gba emulator on android and god i love it.
EDIT: Isn't it possible to actually install apps on the MicroSD card too?

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Well most likely i won't need any app with 1GB requirment,i got an android tablet too,so i actually use my phone for gaming in very desperate situations :p. Well also i noticed there is no flash,but i used phone before without flash,and if you just set it to night mode there is not actually any problem at ll. Also i noticed it uses BL-5J battery,this battery is mainly used to top symbian models of nokia,lol no wonder how it's actually enough to run on lumia :p. But one question,can i use the GBA emulator on the 520,i got gba emulator on android and god i love it.
EDIT: Isn't it possible to actually install apps on the MicroSD card too?

You can't install apps on the SD

And yes you can play with the GBA emulator.

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I want a few more info if possible.
Is it reliable phone? Does it have any problems?
Does it lag? i totally hate phones that lag.
Which are the main cons of 520?

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I want a few more info if possible.
Is it reliable phone? Does it have any problems?
Does it lag? i totally hate phones that lag.
Which are the main cons of 520?

Define Lag.. the waiting time (loading) is a bit longer, but it doesn't lag per say..

Cons--> No NFC , No FFC, No high end apps (1GB) and some limitations on features such as glance and other things by Nokia..

It is a reliable cheap phone..

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hmm lag for me is when your mobile crashes on some really basic stuff like skype or fb,i don't mind of waiting time if it takes under 10sec :p
And i don't really care about NFC,the NFC charger dock may cost more than the phone itself lol,and that's why we have cables! but what is the FFC? And i won't use any high end apps,i promise :p

coolraoul

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from a 620 to a 920. So same difference as from 520 to 820. There was no more lag in the 620, things were just not as snappy but the difference is very small. 620 is fluid, 920 is fast. Not a big deal in everyday use imo. I'd consider the 620 instead of 520: much more vibrant screen, more solid build, maps for the entire world, FFC, better camera, glance, for a few bucks more. Only smaller screen and no FM radio.

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
@Jnbs,Do you own or have you owned a 520 before?
Well,sry if i bother :p,buuuut... i want to be 100% sure if this phone is good so i want to ask if the rumor that has been told many times in reviews about really reflective screen is true.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
@Jnbs,Do you own or have you owned a 520 before?
Well,sry if i bother :p,buuuut... i want to be 100% sure if this phone is good so i want to ask if the rumor that has been told many times in reviews about really reflective screen is true.

I have a friend who owns one.. And I own a 810.. In my opinion, the screen is not reflective.. In direct sunlight and with screen in "automatic" brightness, the 520's screen has the same results as my 810, which is perfectly readable.. I owned a 620 and it was perfect as well..

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Well i made up my mind (yaaay),this christmas imma buy myself a 520,it seems an affortable WP8 phone with a nice screen and decent specs and camera.The reason i don't want to buy the 620 is that i want FM radio and the screen is small for me,and the rest WP8 phones are not so affortable for me.Also i need to get a cheap phone to get familiar with this new OS,which i don't really know how it works,and if it impress me (i hope it will)i might get a better WP8 phone later...So thanks guys for helping me choosing an new phone because,even though android is really cool os,it does need a big pocket to buy a decent one.So once i get it,(hope soon),imma tell my opinion about the phone itself and the WP8. Have a night evening/night/morning everyone.
Here is side to side pic of 620 vs 520,i have to say that imo 520 have better design,i love those sharp curves...
Nokia-Lumia-520-vs-Nokia-Lumia-620-01-screen.jpg

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Well i made up my mind (yaaay),this christmas imma buy myself a 520,it seems an affortable WP8 phone with a nice screen and decent specs and camera.The reason i don't want to buy the 620 is that i want FM radio and the screen is small for me,and the rest WP8 phones are not so affortable for me.Also i need to get a cheap phone to get familiar with this new OS,which i don't really know how it works,and if it impress me (i hope it will)i might get a better WP8 phone later...So thanks guys for helping me choosing an new phone because,even though android is really cool os,it does need a big pocket to buy a decent one.So once i get it,(hope soon),imma tell my opinion about the phone itself and the WP8. Have a night evening/night/morning everyone.
Here is side to side pic of 620 vs 520,i have to say that imo 520 have better design,i love those sharp curves...
View attachment 46777

Oh yeah if you buy around Christmas maybe the 525 will be out so you can check that out too..

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Well i doubt that it will be available here. I searched through all shops here and only have the following lumia models : 520,620,820,920,925 They are not many choices for WP8 Lumia.
And ordering it from ebay or amazon might have an overpriced shipping. Also i noticed that the lumia 520 uses MicroSim,and my current sim is the mini,is it possible to cut it somehow? It's a PayAsYouGo card and i think they can't make a new one.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Well i doubt that it will be available here. I searched through all shops here and only have the following lumia models : 520,620,820,920,925 They are not many choices for WP8 Lumia.
And ordering it from ebay or amazon might have an overpriced shipping. Also i noticed that the lumia 520 uses MicroSim,and my current sim is the mini,is it possible to cut it somehow? It's a PayAsYouGo card and i think they can't make a new one.

Just go to your carrier when you get the phone and you should be fine..

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a 520 running the gdr3 dev preview and this affordable wp8 device runs even quicker than ever on gdr3 I can't wait for the official release and bittersweet shimmer

I still don't get why there is a 1 gig limit on some apps and games though I've played many of the same games on androids with 512mb of ram. I believe this is more of a we want you to upgrade after the 520 to a higher end WP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss