Has anyone flashed ATT 1020 with international ROM?

Harshal Gunde

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to get this to work with all the steps, but when I am trying to flash the Rogers ROM on an ATT device it always gives me an error: Platform ID is different from the Device Platform ID. Can anyone tell me how to overcome this error. Need this desparately as I am in Canada and want to get AWS spectrum to work.

Ali akbar Dehghani

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Operator AT & T, does not allow you to change your product.
Images are illustrative:
059S9T1 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL BLACK TO 059T3M3 RM-877 LIGHT SWAP ENGINE GLOBAL
10-29-2013 1-41-13 AM.png

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I've tried all rogers and global firmwares and I get the ffu message...I tried RM-877 Firmwares on a RM-877 phone so I guess att came up with a way of not letting us flash the device :< I just spent 500 bucks on a used 1020 and Im very dissapointed at this.. And no Im not a newbie I have flashed other lumia devices and yes the phone is unlocked.

Firmwares.jpg

Jor El

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
the problem is the firmware at this point, it is on a different tree on the firmware branch. we need those numbers to align.

AMRooke

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
You're welcome. I'm happy to share my discoveries with other people.

Honestly, with the release of the developer/enthusiast preview program, and Update 3 Preview, I find it hard to justify looking for a way to un brand my phone.

This is because: 1) only things to gain from it are no ATT logo and data sense, for which you can just use the myATT app. 2) no one has any sort of experience or advise that would make looking for the needle in the haystack any easier, and the methods for the 920 don't work. 3) I don't want to accidentally brick my phone, as I wouldn't be able to purchase another one. 4) Even if I find a way, I won't know if it works on att's network, if I can flash back to the att ROM, or if features like picture messages or tethering will work

Hopefully you understand. If in the future the only way to upgrade to WP8.1 or final GDR3 is by flashing, I will risk my phone to find a way to flash it.

Cheers.

juan6996, I also need to thank you for your postings on how to unbrand a Lumia 920. I did so with my AT&T 920, and it has never worked better. I too am considering a Lumia 1020, but want to see if it unbrandable too before giving AT&T more money. By the way, the only information I have been able to get out of MyAT&T is data usage versus my data plan, whereas Data Sense shows data traffic by data plan and WiFi, and it even breaks the data usage down to the individual app level (very useful in finding which apps are data hogs, and managing their usage).

Thanks again and I hope you can solve the 1020 flashing problem . . .

- Andy

lakonne

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I wrote the guide on how to do this on the 920. It was great because it removed carrier branding, included data sense, gave updates faster, and gave me free tethering. My 1020 is coming next week, and I'm wondering if this is also possible on the 1020, maybe with a Rogers ROM, as they use the same frequencies. If no one has done it yet, I guess I'll be writing another guide soon.
Cheers.

I used your guide information to flash my nokia 909 (rm-876) i bought at China to (rm-875) Product Codes WHITE 059T4W8 Unbranded Australian Lumia 1020. Everything seem goes working normal. Because curious i flash with EU GB rom-875 also running well. Thank you for your guide.

Last edited:

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Leave it to ATT to **** over everyone who wants to flash their device, and Nokia being complicit in allowing it to happen.

Hope someone figures out how to get past the ATT blocks, it should be illegal for carriers to lock down a non-subsidized device, that a customer has paid a full price for.

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
It's very unlikely. Don't get your hopes up, and don't keep bumping this thread please. If someone gets it working, they will post. Until then, update to GDR3 Developer Preview and wait patiently for the Black update.

DowsonCrack

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
This situation is super sick, honestly a big company like Nokia/Microsoft should not put down their pants and allow carriers to do that.

Really 700 bucks for a phone with ATT (really awful designed) boot logo, ringtones ... what the hell ... c'mon ...

Really let's find a solution ...

ranio

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all! I am new here, and very excited of this topic, I'm planing to get a 1020 or 1520, but duo to the AT&T brand limitation, I need to flash an international ROM.
Looking forward to the update !

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi all! I am new here, and very excited of this topic, I'm planing to get a 1020 or 1520, but duo to the AT&T brand limitation, I need to flash an international ROM.
Looking forward to the update !

at this point it might be better to buy an international version of the phone, as flashing an international ROM to the att models are proving to be nearly impossible. Plus on the 1520 you get double the storage and wireless charging.

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
at this point it might be better to buy an international version of the phone, as flashing an international ROM to the att models are proving to be nearly impossible. Plus on the 1520 you get double the storage and wireless charging.

ATT's version of the 1520 only has 16gb built in though you can expand via microsd. I don't believe ATT sells any 32gb versions of the phone. As far 1020's, they are all 32gb+ so I'm not sure what you mean by double the storage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6