My 1st and only drop!

Pawlee

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I thought gorilla glass was getting stronger? Maybe it's how it's integrated into the phone design and I suppose as screens get larger there's potential for them to get slightly weaker, because as said above I dropped my N8 a good few times, getting out of pocket and it went bouncing and was fine. Then with my 808 I dropped it at least 3 times, possibly more, it just bounced. I'm quite worried about the 1020 now. I have cased it up now so fingers crossed it'll be alright.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow...my friend dropped her less than a month old 1020....ONE DROP....screen shattered. Hmmmmmmmm......makes me wonder. I come from a long lineage of Nokia smartphones and my Nokia N8 has been dropped several times on tile and concrete, no screen protector or case and the screen is like new. That phone has Gorilla Glass, as in Version 1. I am surprised at the amount of one drop screen shatters, same spider web pattern on her screen.

Something is fishy here....I have seriously never seen so many reports of cracked screens on Nokia's in one drop.....

I always use my 1020 with the lanyard but now I am will have to be extra careful as I now know it wasn't just an issue with her phone.

I've yet to purchase that lanyard.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain...i dropped and smashed it 2 days after I got it!

Anyways there is life at the end of the tunnel....how long you had it and which country you in?

Check your bank....many offer mobile insurance if you upgraqde to their 'premium service' do that..upgrade, get it fixed then cancel the upgrade..simples! did that a few years ago with an iPhone i dropped, premium upgrqade was ?17 for a month and that's all it cost me.

Good luck

David Desko

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
My first drop was today and with a Speck case with Beveled edge. The phone landed face down on concrete, while trying to put into my pocket so about 3 ft..... My 920 fell out of my jeep and was fine...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon