Lumia 928 headset issues

Mistuke

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm about to send my Lumia 928 in again for the second time. The headset assembly seems to break after about a month or so.

It starts showing symptoms like music pauses when the cable is moved, or it suddenly thinks that the headset is no longer connected and starts playing through the speakers, which is annoying in trains. It also means I can't put the phone in my pockets and walk while listening to music. Last time nokia replaced the headset assembly and sent it back.
I use the headset about 10-12 hours a day (podcasts, spotify, videos).

I'm wondering if I'm the only one with these issues (e.g. unit is broken and should be replaced) or if this if other people have the same issues.. It's worth nothing that my other WP devices have NEVER had this issue.. nor my other dumb nokia phones..

Thanks

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with the headset assembly on your 928. Please let us know if it is fixed properly this time.

Drew Noble

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine just did the same thing after 3 weeks. I cannot talk on the phone or listen to music without using headphones. The screen also freezes and takes a hard reset to fix. So far I'm missing my reliable apple product! I'll give the replacement a chance, but if this one fails, I'm done with Nokia and will switch to HTC. It's a bummer because I like the OS and live tiles! Let's hope they can get the hardware bugs fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss