Lumia 928 Internet Sharing weird situation

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I have recently bought a Lumia 928 phone, and I am using it in Romania on Orange network. Everything works well except that when I try to enable internet sharing I receive a strange message that " There is no cellular data connection available" although my cellular data in on and working. Anyone any solution to this? Also my carrier does not lock the hotspot option on any device so the carrier is out of the question here, it was working on my 920.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm sad that you have problems with your new phone, but if this is a big deal for you and you don't get any other tips you could try a hard reset, but that will delete all data on your phone.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Could be some weird artifact of the 928 being primarily CDMA/LTE? Maybe it's looking for that network connection and isn't smart enough to move on to GSM?

Did you turn WiFi off first?

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, wifi is off. Now, after update to GDR3 it is saying that internet sharing is not available. WFT??? it worked on the same sim card on my previous 920, so again, the carrier is not the problem.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, hard to say. Best bet, unfortunately, would be to buy a phone without Verizon's fingerprints all over it. Have already seen that call blocking doesn't work here in the US on their network (they would like to charge you) and the internet sharing here is tied to your plan somehow -- if I turn it on it will tell me to add it my plan.

Wouldn't be surprised if Verizon hardcoded it to only work on their network???

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Any chance of return? I have to imagine a 925 (especially if you can find a 32gb version) would work better over there.

Verizon has a long history of unannounced, sneaky, crippling changes to their phones.

(not sure if you are familiar with them or not) (the 928, while a "global" phone, is a VZW exclusive, so I don't trust it in that regard)

smnrock

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
its working fine for me. Before GDR3 i had to set the APN using access point app, but after GRD3 i had to use APN settings under the cellular settings. Make sure you've entered your APN details correctly in the settings.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
what do you mean correctly? my carrier does not have specific settings for internet sharing. it has only one setting for anyone. strange that now, when I try to enable sharing it's telling me that there is no cellular data connection although the connection is active and working

smnrock

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
You should have apn setting for Internet to work... Without apn Internet won't work... Use the same apn details under cellular setting if it's not there already.

Sent from my LG-E980h using Tapatalk

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Internet is working. the apn settings are the same in cellular- internet apn and apn settings app. but the sharing is always saying that there is no cellular data

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Found the solution. ARGHHHH!!! In order to make this work I had to delete the APN settings from Cellular and use only the Apn Settings application from Nokia. it works now. YAAAY

ecampuza

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm from Spain and I bought this Nokia Lumia 928 from Verizon but unlocked. I have the same problem. I can't share connection. I've tried this solution but it doesn't work I receieved the same message: "there is no cellular data connection". my carrier is like yours does not have specific settings for internet sharing. it has only one setting for anyone.
does sitll work in your phone after last update? My firmware number is: 3051.40000.1352.0058.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss