GDR3 Headphone problems.

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Basically what the title says. I updated to GDR3 yesterday and today I plugged in my headphones. However my Lumia 920 doesn't recognize that the earphones have been plugged in which means I can't listen to music. I've tried multiple headphones, so it's not just one in particular. Any help would be great! Thanks!

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Let's start with performing a soft reset, if that don't work then try a hard reset. After that you can try getting it exchanged, just don't mention that you installed an unreleased update and you should be fine.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Settings > About > Reset. Hard reset entails losing all your personal data. I'd make sure that the headphone jack is clean and you see no debris in it. Sensing a headset/phone plugged in is through a physical switch (using plastic head jack charms triggers this) so maybe something might be keeping the switched pressed. If you look down the jack you should see a shiny protrusion on the right (nearest to the 2nd mic).

relenger

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the Nokia 920 with the GDR3 update two. My headphones are working fine. Maybe it is a hardware issue? I would try downloading the NokiaSoftwareUpdaterForRetail_4.1.0 application and try to see if you can go back to GDR2 and confirm that the headphone jack does indeed work. if it does then upgrade to GDR3 and cross your fingers!

Can you log in to your Microsoft account or store with GDR3 installed?? It keeps telling me I have the incorrect password but I know FOR SURE it is correct!

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If you have two-step authorization set on your Microsoft account you need to enter the app password. Go to your account settings and under security you should find the information there.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the opposite problem when I updated to GDR3, all of a sudden the phone would think that headphones are plugged in all the time, so I can't do any normal calls or listen to music through the speakers...

I did a soft and hard reset, plugged a number of different headphones in an d out, didn't help.
I downgraded to gdr2+amber. didn't help
I finally sent it in for repair...

rogerandersonuk

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Same issue with my HTC-8X. Went for a run yesterday and realised that the headphone socket wasn't working. Doubt it can be coincidence. Basically the phone doesn't recognise that you have put anything in the socket. Decided to do a full reset which annoyingly hasn't done anything. Backup & restore on WP8 is terrible!

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
My issue with the 920 was that the phone would think the headphones were always plugged in even when they weren't. Especially annoying when it came to phone calls. So after I sent it to Nokia the second time everything was ok. But beware, I don't know how HTC deals with this kind of stuff but I got a different IMEI from Nokia and it's become an unblocking nightmare.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea