Gdr2 for ativ S?

exeter94

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody know when gdr2 for ativ s is going to be realesed in Sweden or any other country on northen europe? The long wait is driving me crazy

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It'll drive you even more crazy when you apply it, the GDR 2 for Samsung kills its bluetooth, for real.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/sa...iv-s-problem-camera-after-update-gdr-2-a.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/241872-after-gdr2-update-cannot-turn-radio.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/241883-unstable-wifi-after-gdr2.html

Even responded to a few threads on Ativ S section.

I am not sure if Sammy fixed GDR 2 because they are busy baking new devices for android lineup that they don't care about wp.

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Just flash GDR2 then use Preview for Developers to upgrade to GDR3. 24hrs on and no issues considering I'm in Aust and i flashed the GDR2 from EU

creanyo

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
No problems with GDR2 and now no problems with GDR3 related to BT, works fine and now better because every mp3 I send to my phone is got it by the music + video app...with GDR1 that was not possible :asleep:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
No problems with GDR2 and now no problems with GDR3 related to BT, works fine and now better because every mp3 I send to my phone is got it by the music + video app...with GDR1 that was not possible :asleep:

Afaik, there was no GDR 1, but stock.

Leif Perjus

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

GDR3 ? Where / How you got this? Possible to flash this like GDR2 ?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
That's right, be aware,I did it cos warranty expired already..so was my call..fortunately, all goes pretty good :)

I had to pray for people who installed GDR 3, they had problems that made them climb the wall.
Reboot loops, crashes and stuff you never want to see even in your most terrible dreams!
I'd wait for official GDR 3, specially if my phone is out of warranty, God forbid, if I hit the wall, I'd be hanging on a thread with a phone stuck on gears.

Leif Perjus

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I had to pray for people who installed GDR 3, they had problems that made them climb the wall.
Reboot loops, crashes and stuff you never want to see even in your most terrible dreams!
I'd wait for official GDR 3, specially if my phone is out of warranty, God forbid, if I hit the wall, I'd be hanging on a thread with a phone stuck on gears.

I installed GDR3 Wednesday and for me there are NO problem, all working as out of box. The only thing i missing are a notice of new message or missed call (twinkling led) as in my old HTC OneX.

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
After update, I don't see anything different about the phone. I don't see it running faster. I don't see battery lasting longer. The only thing I see is Data Sense (which a quick SMS to my carrier will provide more accurate info anyway) so I don't think GDR2 is a bit deal on ATIV S.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans