I hate you Lumia 1020!

Wabby80

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, to start with... I got this phone yesterday and my current phone was Ativ S.

First impression is that the Ativ S screen is much better, even that the spec are better on paper for the Lumia, the Ativ S gives more Space.
Having that said, the camera died after 3 Pictures! The screen is black using any camera app.
Sometimes it workes and then it lookes like this:

We would call this phone DOA (dead on arrival) but I'm very critical on the cameras lifetime in general after this.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
That's the first I've heard of an issue like that with the camera. Assuming it wasn't dropped or something you've just been unlucky. Swap it under warranty.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
U got a defective piece...send back and get new one....every company has a fair share of defective pieces....I mean any company even very exp car...iam always lucky to get defective piece at 1st...then I.get it replaced for new one wic works perfect. ...soo far my lumia 1020 is working fine :)

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had no problems with my 1020 until the other day. I've had it maybe 5 weeks so far and 3 times I have woke up my phone to be greeted by a heavily posterized lock screen. It looks like a problem with the display. If it keeps happening im going to send it in.

Wabby80

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Package looked fine and phone has not been droped once.
I know that there will always be a defect or two on some products, but just my luck to get one of those.

Looks like they want to take the phone on service, something I really disagree on. It was defect on arrivale, and I want a new one.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Package looked fine and phone has not been droped once.
I know that there will always be a defect or two on some products, but just my luck to get one of those.

Looks like they want to take the phone on service, something I really disagree on. It was defect on arrivale, and I want a new one.

If it's within the return policy they shouldn't have a problem with an exchange (unless of course they would rather save the pretty penny instead of offer good customer service). Out of curiosity, who is it you are dealing with?

Wabby80

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Komplett in Norway. But hopefulle they will decide to send me a new one when they get my current lumia 1020.

At least I have my Ativ S in the meantime.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry about sending in for service; I had to do this with my 808 PureView - after inspection, they replaced the phone outright and the turnaround was FAST

Wabby80

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Update so far is not good. mCare has decided to do a service on the phone, something I don't accept since the camera was DOA.

Another thing is that their story changes all the time. First they where waiting for a response from Nokia, then they decided to do service, without any answer from Nokia.
I've asked about the reference number on the Nokia case, they couldn't find it. Told the guy on the phone to check with his college who registered the case to get more information and call me back.

To be hones, I really don't know anymore if I want this phone.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Check the consumer protection laws in Norway, in the UK you have a statutory right to return a faulty product for full refund or replacement. All you need to prove is that the product was inherently faulty even if the fault manifests itself years after purchase.
I don't know Norway's laws, but European countries generally have good consumer protection legislation, so consumers are not screwed when something like this happens.

Wabby80

May 27, 2013
Visit site
News... mCare is still being impossible to work with. They won't replace a DOA phone with a new one and sent it to Czech republic.

But after a couple of phonecalls to Komplett, they decided to send a new phone and take the old one form mCare when it returns from service.
Great service and a lot of frustration off my back.

But, today i got my GDR3 on my Samsung Ativ S, and it's amazing :) So I hope that the camera on 1020 will compensate for all the negative stuff compared to the Ativ S in the long run.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear they did the right thing and are getting you a new device, but it shouldn't have taken this much effort on your part and they should have just done it right away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss