I want to remind you of a GDR2 feature that is not being mentioned.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The ability to pin a "create new note" for OneNote to the start screen. This functionality existed in WP7 but for whatever reason was removed for WP8. Glad to see it back.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh.... so that's where that was. I remember hearing that the update for OneNote would have this again, didn't realize it was in the GDR update, thought it was going to delivered a different way. They should really make all their first party apps modular and updatable through the store like Windows 8 is.

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Ellipses are the 3 dots "..." that bring up the menus. To be complete, you have to start OneNote, click the + button to create a new note, type something in the note, then hit the ellipses and select Pin to start.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Ellipses are the 3 dots "..." that bring up the menus. To be complete, you have to start OneNote, click the + button to create a new note, type something in the note, then hit the ellipses and select Pin to start.
That is incorrect. What you did was create a new note, then pin that new note to the start screen.

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
If that's is incorrect, could you please explain the correct way to do it as I have tried 'hitting the ellipses' and there is nothing that lets me pin 'new note' to the start screen.

Thanks in advance

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
If that's is incorrect, could you please explain the correct way to do it as I have tried 'hitting the ellipses' and there is nothing that lets me pin 'new note' to the start screen.

Thanks in advance

I believe that OneNote, when opened, will return to your most recent note. You must navigate back to Notebooks and you'll see the option to pin new.

Last edited:

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It looks like the 'Pin to Start' option is only on the Notebooks screen, ie, the very first OneNote window. It isn't available in my section or page windows.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
When i open one note, it opens on quick notes, I don't seem to have any other options. I'm probably doing something wrong that is glaringly obvious, but I'm kind of new to one note

You navigate back by tapping right above where it says, "quick notes." you'll see something like "bob's notebooks." keep backing up until you reach "notebooks." There you'll be able to use the ellipses and pin new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte