06-07-2015 11:18 AM
32 12
tools
    i will not make any comment one way or another about the value of a file manager (explorer etc.) on a wp8 phone; but i own two android tablets and i cannot tell you how many times esexplorer has saved my bacon. It is quite possible for microsoft to hide system files so a file explorer would not even see them to modify them, without a little work. Maybe they think smartphone users are dumber than computer users and they will some way mess up the phones and cause trouble for tech support. So far i have not had the need for a file explorer on my 820, except for temp and other storage which gdr2 helped some. But it would be nice to have when i do need it and i am sure it will happen sooner or later. Take care people. Just my view.
    100% agreed.
    10-18-2013 09:58 AM
    But you agree that it would be perfect to have a File Manager, right?
    10-18-2013 10:03 AM
    But you agree that it would be perfect to have a File Manager, right?
    That depends on your definition of what a file manager is.

If you imagine it to be a separate app that you can use to access all the app generated files on your smartphone (as previously explained the OS can't differentiate between app generated system files and user files), then no, it's the worst idea ever.

If you imagine it to be a separate app that can access only the public folders (Music, Documents, etc) and nothing more, then that is a possibility. However, that solution doesn't solve all the problems people have with random file access, so I don't consider that to be a great solution either. At least it isn't a complete solution.

This issue has been discussed a million times already. I would suggest you take a look around at what has already been written, for example here.
    10-18-2013 10:35 AM
    dear sir,
    the main problem is phone memory fills with downloaded contents. can this possible ,make sd card also as a default memory like as phone memory that will increase the total memory only the condition is all apps must have the share or edit option which is downloaded by self app. or make internal phone so big and apps has the options then also no problem only it will take extra money.

please reply.
    11-23-2013 10:30 PM
    Nokia windows 8 phones doesnot give permission or access to its file system. Everytime one need to connect to pc inorder to copy move files. Files downloaded by uc browser or iexplore cannot be seen. Without file manager it is a **bleep**. Who says it a smart phone? It is a **bleep** piece
    11-30-2013 06:27 AM
    MY GOD STAY AWAY FORM A WINDOWS PHONE,,if you have a samsung stick with it ... I hate windows. you cannot acess as easy through computer either its awful..
    06-07-2015 11:17 AM
    it is all you say...fit for the bin. going back to samsung galaxy
    06-07-2015 11:18 AM
32 12