Rogers 920 on T-mobile no LTE data connection SOLVED

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Rogers 920 flashed with the Rogers Amber rom. I can connect to Hspa fine but when I turn LTE on I don't have a data connection. I get the same number of bars when I'm on H as I have with LTE.

Also I tried the same rom on an AT&T 920 and it shows no service on LTE with that rom but with the French ROM it connected fine. I want to use the Rogers rom because the internet sharing works better with it.

Any suggestions?

Solution found:

Use the 3049 series ROMs found here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...0]-3049-0000-1330-xxxx-firmware-download.html

I'm using 059Q9N8: RM-821 VAR AU CV YELLOW.

Steps after flashing:
1. Update access point app and get all your settings where you want.
2. Install your keyboard. Default on the ROM I flahsed is English UK so I Installed English US and it was fine.
3. Let the phone restart after the install and you can delete the keyboard and open access point all you want and it will still work.

Last edited:

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Rogers 920 on T-mobile no LTE data connection

I believe it is blocked by the official carrier, which mean you can have LTE only using their sim card.

I have factory unlocked Lumia 928 (made for US Verizon only) and I'm using T-mobile's sim card in it. Both Verizon (V) and T-mobile (Tm) has LTE, but I dont have LTE which Tm offers. I went V's and Tm's stores and was told that only V's sim card will connect to LTE on my phone. So playing with my phone here's what I found a couple days ago
wp_ss_20131011_0003.png
As you can see LTE is listed only under USA Verizon and under T-mobile only 2/3G
So Im guessing it's blocked

ps. if you want check it go to Settings-Cellular >> tap Network selection, it will check for networks, takes about 20-40 sec. See if it shows something for you

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I have a Rogers 920 flashed with the Rogers Amber rom. I can connect to Hspa fine but when I turn LTE on I don't have a data connection. I get the same number of bars when I'm on H as I have with LTE.

Also I tried the same rom on an AT&T 920 and it shows no service on LTE with that rom but with the French ROM it connected fine. I want to use the Rogers rom because the internet sharing works better with it.

Any suggestions?

Have you installed the Access Point app? I also use a Rogers 920 on T-Mobile and have that app and can get LTE just fine.

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Have you installed the Access Point app? I also use a Rogers 920 on T-Mobile and have that app and can get LTE just fine.

I don't want to install it because it fiddles with the internet sharing and you can't uninstall it but I'll try it on the other 920.

Edit:
So I installed it on the AT&T one and LTE worked fine but internet sharing was broken. I have the tethering plan from Tmobile so its not a question of my plan.

I don't want to do the keyboard trick because it messes up my typing and from what I've seen its only temporary. I have the exact settings on my Rogers phone that access point puts into the AT&T phone so its a puzzle to me.

Last edited:

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Any suggestions?

No Idea, but I'm using the DEV room and no Internet share problems @TMOBILE

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I don't want to install it because it fiddles with the internet sharing and you can't uninstall it but I'll try it on the other 920.

Edit:
So I installed it on the AT&T one and LTE worked fine but internet sharing was broken. I have the tethering plan from Tmobile so its not a question of my plan.

I don't want to do the keyboard trick because it messes up my typing and from what I've seen its only temporary. I have the exact settings on my Rogers phone that access point puts into the AT&T phone so its a puzzle to me.

just add the Keyboard and deletes when it finishes

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site

I have same issue. Using Rogers Lumia 920 unlocked on Tmobile. I seem to get the LTE signal just fine...but I don't get data off of it. I'm relegated to going back to HSPA+.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

My speedtest TMOBILE inside my house. The peak was almost 50Mbps

A detailed image for this result can be found here:
http://www.speedtest.net/wp/4451140.png

Test Date: 10/7/2013 7:28:39 PM
Connection Type: Cellular
Server: Houston, TX
Download: 38.72 Mbps
Upload: 9.38 Mbps
Ping: 64 ms

External IP:
Internal IP:
Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions

Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With millions of tests performed every day across hundreds of servers, Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and related information. Visit Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test today to find out why.

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Yes it comes with Internetshare and Datasense

Ok, what about access point?

FYI I tried a Lumia 925 in the store and it had access point installed already but an earlier version where you can't see the APNs it has. I updated the access point app on the 925 and it broke internet sharing so it seems like its a more widespread issue that Nokia should look into.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Ok, what about access point?

FYI I tried a Lumia 925 in the store and it had access point installed already but an earlier version where you can't see the APNs it has. I updated the access point app on the 925 and it broke internet sharing so it seems like its a more widespread issue that Nokia should look into.

This is what I did

1 - Open the Access Point and Select TMOBILE. Test the MMS
2 - Install a New keyboard
3 - Reboot and Delete the new keyboard

It worked for me

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

This is what I did

1 - Open the Access Point and Select TMOBILE. Test the MMS
2 - Install a New keyboard
3 - Reboot and Delete the new keyboard

It worked for me

Thanks, how long have you been running like that? When is the last time you tried internet sharing? Are you on the Simple Choice plan?

I've installed 2 keyboards but internet sharing doesn't work at all now.

Last edited:

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

solved

Solution found:

Use the 3049 series ROMs found here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...0]-3049-0000-1330-xxxx-firmware-download.html

I'm using 059Q9N8: RM-821 VAR AU CV YELLOW.

Steps after flashing:
1. Update access point app and get all your settings where you want.
2. Install your keyboard. Default on the ROM I flahsed is English UK so I Installed English US and it was fine.
3. Let the phone restart after the install and you can delete the keyboard and open access point all you want and it will still work.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, how long have you been running like that? When is the last time you tried internet sharing? Are you on the Simple Choice plan?

I've installed 2 keyboards but internet sharing doesn't work at all now.

I have a old 5G Plan + Hotspot

Nice hear it worked for you :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium