New to Nokia, small bit of help needed :)

Holmslice22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

I am new to Nokia and have just purchased a Nokia Lumia 925. I'm having a few difficulties that I hope some of you can possibly shed some light on, mainly media related. I am not able to receive picture messages or videos through text. Also, on Whattsapp I am unable even to post videos. Surely there is a solution for this?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I assume you're on T-Mobile with the Lumia 925? To both send and receive picture/video messages, you will have to turn off Wi-Fi, turn on your data and set your Wi-Fi calling feature to "cellular preferred." After that, you should be fine.

Holmslice22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Cheers folks. I'm on 3 network by the way. The phone seems very awkward to me so far. I can't believe I can't send videos through Whattsapp, bit of a joke tbf. Also, a lot of the apps available to other phones don't appear to be available on this.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Cheers folks. I'm on 3 network by the way. The phone seems very awkward to me so far. I can't believe I can't send videos through Whattsapp, bit of a joke tbf. Also, a lot of the apps available to other phones don't appear to be available on this.

You can send videos, you have to record them, you cannot send the ones stored on your phone. You can view videos you have received but you cannot save them for future use. As for me, I never watch any videos anyway, most of them is some random cat dancing somewhere or a child eating something in a funny way.

The OS does lack apps but can you imagine having a gazillion apps, you try to install a simple game of chess and it wants to know
-Your contact list
-Your email addresses of your contact list
-Wants to see the gallery
-Wants to access your messages
-Wants to even read your call logs

I've learned one thing from all these years, its not the number of apps that I like, its the quality. WP has many quality apps :).

Feel free to ask any questions, am always around to haunt, I mean help people.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Oops, sorry. With the MMS issue you were having, I was sure you were on T-Mobile US.

impratick

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
you just forward videos those received by your friends not able to share videos are in local storage coz WP didnt provide video API to all!!

zinksilver

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site

Well you should have read stuff before buying the phone then. I too was apprehensive because of the apps-thingy but started reading WPCentral months before getting my first Windows Phone, to get a great amount of information. I'm a power user, always used Android but was tired of the lag-lag-lag, so I switched.

Guess what! - love the change. The Lumia 925 is a far superior smartphone and apps like 6tag blow everything else out of the water. Also, why have 2347810347810 apps if you just install them and never open any since then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs