PSA: Lumia 1020 free on contract at MS store?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Got an email that say 1020 free at Microsoft store anybody that is interested, i went to the site itself and it says $199, but its in store only. Ends 11/3

Dont recall seeing this from anyone. If already posted, delete!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 46

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Before anybody says "its not free, you need a two year contract" I know, it goes without saying at this day in age.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you know which Microsoft Stores this applies to?

Doesnt say specifically, when i open the email, it says pick my location so any store should honor this MS promotion.

This isn't like receiving an email for the free phone and going to best buy, since this is an MS adverstisement, all MS stores should honor this.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
*Valid 10/11/2013 until 11/3/2013, or while supplies last. Available in Microsoft select retail stores in US (not including Puerto Rico). Customers must purchase new Nokia Lumia 1020 with a qualifying new or renewal contract or upgrade (2 years) to qualify for offer. Some exclusions apply. Limited quantities and colors available. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or gift cards. Combinable with Trade In offer. Limit 5 per customer. Taxes may apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

SouthpawJosh

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to hope for two things: one that it is carried in the MS Store near me, and two that they'll honor my upgrade early. Sale ends 5 days before my upgrade. :|

batmantis

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I called and asked and found out the stores near me are not offering that promotion. However, if you bring in the email, I was told they are doing matching and should be able to match the offer. My problem is that I didn't receive an email, just read about it on this and other forums!

cnicklo

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

First of all, a thank you to dkp23 for posting this along with the copy of the email. I went today to the MS Store in Corte Madera, CA and took advantage of the offer. Great deal!

At first, the sales associate said the offer had been pulled but I told him that it was available through 11/3. He offered to check with his manager and they agreed to honor it. Not only did I get the 1020 for free but they also gave me the camera grip. Wow.

I've been an Apple ****** for so many years. Have been trialing a 920 that I bought off of eBay just for fun (I've been a bit bored after using iOS for so many years). As a photographer, I've been lusting after the 1020 and this deal convinced me to make the switch even with the 2 year contract.

The staff at the MS Store couldn't have been nicer. They made for a great experience, and I couldn't be happier with the phone and the pricing.

Chris

876dog

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I just called the San Diego store intending to get this phone over the weekend, but was told that the promo was offered by a third party and the deal had ended. Another person was told that they had to bring the actual email sent out in order to get the deal. Sigh... I guess I will have to reconsider my next cell phone purchase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss