1520 some will have built-in wireless charging

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Who cares there'll always be a wireless jacket for the ones that don't have wireless built in, am waiting for the 6 devices to launch on 22nd so the prices of 1020 go south and I can go hunting & take pictures of random things.

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh would be way better to be built in IMHO, then you can have any case you want. (or no case)

But I am happy there is a snap on versus not having wireless charging at all. Nokia really needs to differentiate itself and include wireless charging in every 900-series and higher device.

-m

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Does wireless charging add to the thickness of a phone? What's the thickness difference of the AT&T 8x and the Verizon 8x?

Personally, having wireless charging built in is a huge difference. I personally found the charging case for my 1020 to be aesthetically a disaster, not to mention finicky around the edges.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Does wireless charging add to the thickness of a phone? What's the thickness difference of the AT&T 8x and the Verizon 8x?

Personally, having wireless charging built in is a huge difference. I personally found the charging case for my 1020 to be aesthetically a disaster, not to mention finicky around the edges.

If it doesn't make the phone fat, its good to have it, if it makes the phone fat, I'd hate to have it.
Also 8x is not Nokia, and 1520 is not HTC.

zaslek

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I prefer aesthetically the look with it built it - But on that same token an overall slimmer phone is nice when going out and wanting to save some bulk in your pockets - besides, unless the wireless charger is bundled free with the phone I dont think most consumers (people not reading this website) are using it anyway. Me on the other hand - I have a stand in almost every room and one on my office desk so I'm invested and need to use it at this point.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I prefer aesthetically the look with it built it - But on that same token an overall slimmer phone is nice when going out and wanting to save some bulk in your pockets - besides, unless the wireless charger is bundled free with the phone I dont think most consumers (people not reading this website) are using it anyway. Me on the other hand - I have a stand in almost every room and one on my office desk so I'm invested and need to use it at this point.

Lol, that was fun.
Have you seen this one yet?
DIY Qi Wireless Charging Nightstand (cheap, quick and easy) - YouTube

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
According to the specification sticky on this forum the 1520 has Inbuilt Wireless Charging (QI). :excited:

Battery: Battery model: BV-4BW, Battery capacity: 3400 mAh, Battery voltage: 3.8 V, Removable battery: No , Maximum standby time: 32 days, Inbuilt Wireless Charging (QI)

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
This is just stupid. I'm not interested in this phone anyway, but I was really hoping at&t would reverse this decision... I want a follow-up to the 1020 with built in wireless charging, faster proc, and SD Card support.

Built in just makes sense.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, looks like AT&T is against having wireless charging built in. They want to make more money on additional accessories.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans