3G not working after updating lumia 520 to Amber. Only 2G works well.

yentenebcc_1

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,
I have recently downloaded the NSU(nokia software updater retial 4.1.0) and upgraded my nokia lumia 520 to Amber software. Everything goes well and all the feature in amber was installed. But i experience 3g network problem. When i turn on 3G, it show 2G signal (i.e E)and when i browse, i could used only 2G, which is very slow. Previously that is before updating my phone to Amber, everything is working fine. So i want to now unstall Amber and want to bring back to previous firmware version.

Please anyone, give me solutinon, how can i make 3g works in my phone.
:unhappy:

yentenebcc_1

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
You cannot uninstall the update mate.
Try a soft reset, remove the sim and restart device.

Report back.

I have done soft reset pressing volume+power button until it vibrates and restart. Yet it doesn't solve the 3G problem. I even remove SIM card as u said. Bt nothing Chang. Plz help.

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
i am having this problem too. the signal will just peek into H+ and will soon shift itself back to E which is many times just 5 KBps and so on. i thought it is because of Datasene. So i set my datasense to 'unlimited' but is still the same. it is specially too slow when downloading files.

Navin nl

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,
I have recently downloaded the NSU(nokia software updater retial 4.1.0) and upgraded my nokia lumia 520 to Amber software. Everything goes well and all the feature in amber was installed. But i experience 3g network problem. When i turn on 3G, it show 2G signal (i.e E)and when i browse, i could used only 2G, which is very slow. Previously that is before updating my phone to Amber, everything is working fine. So i want to now unstall Amber and want to bring back to previous firmware version.

Please anyone, give me solutinon, how can i make 3g works in my phone.
:unhappy:
Same for me Nokia Lumia 620
Now I can't connect to the internet with 3G
H+ changes to H and then 3G and finally E this ocurs within a few seconds

pauloboynavarro

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing this problem even before updating to Amber (820). I hope microsoft would make an update that would allow us to choose between 3G only, 2g or 3g(preferred), 2g only, 4g only, and etc. The current setting (base on my observation), only allows us to connect to the strongest signal. My setting is 3g but it kept bouncing to 2g (E) even when 3g signal is available in the my area.

yentenebcc_1

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
screenshot of mobile network screen with data speeds expanded please.

I have screanshoot of mobile network screan and attached for your reference please. Please help me. i am really sad about nokia lumia amber after experiencing such problem. Before it was perfect.

wp_ss_20131019_0001[1].png

Last edited:

yentenebcc_1

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
having same problem get stuck in 3G network after updating to Amber!! :(
i think something wrong either in NSU 4.1.0 or in Amber. When i checked the download file of NSU 4.1.0, i could see the following circled in red as 3g standard locked in NSU installed folder in my computer

3G locked.JPG

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys, this problem appears to be related to the broken OTA update process and the amber part of the update or to the bad build of the rom. the solution is to reflash your phone with an unbranded rom. I highly rec. one from germany DE. I have solved my same issues on my 920 with reflashing.

yentenebcc_1

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys, this problem appears to be related to the broken OTA update process and the amber part of the update or to the bad build of the rom. the solution is to reflash your phone with an unbranded rom. I highly rec. one from germany DE. I have solved my same issues on my 920 with reflashing.
May i know flashing software. plz give me the download links. I try to used the NSU retail 4.10 but it say "update package was not found on server." i used NSU 4.1.0 to upgrade my firmware and updated to amber. thght to reflash with same NSU but i am not able to proceed.

Navin nl

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Downgrade your lumia with NSU 4.1.0(my device doesn't boot up) if older version is available download it and after installing apply ##3282 or ##3282# and select 3G only.
After that check for updates and update it to amber (never select 2G in your phone after that) This is how I solved the issue.....

mikedcracker

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I posted the same problem 2 weeks back...no one replied anything then ..i guess a lot of people experiencing this problem ..the thing is shifting from H+ to 2g takes 2-3 seconds but 2g to 3g takes 15 -20 seconds ...before amber update both took same time to shift vice versa ...but unlike above my connection doesnt shift once it is on H+

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
From Kerala, India (BSNL Network)
Solved my problem.
Check my posts in this thread.
ha ha... Exactly as I expected..im from Trivandrum..bsnl.. I think bsnl is completely porting to 3.5G network.. The transition is not digested by our poor windows phone that's y network looping like this.. Windows phone badly need 3G lock..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre