3G not working after updating lumia 520 to Amber. Only 2G works well.

yentenebcc_1

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Downgrade your lumia with NSU 4.1.0(my device doesn't boot up) if older version is available download it and after installing apply ##3282 or ##3282# and select 3G only.
After that check for updates and update it to amber (never select 2G in your phone after that) This is how I solved the issue.....

Will this code ##3282#or #3282 work in my country or service provider. I am from Bhutan and using bmobile service which was provided by Bhutan Telecome limited

yentenebcc_1

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

Its good news for me and may help to you guys too. since my 3G is not working after updates to Amber, then again i downgrads my firm were version 1030.6409.1314.1002 with the help of NSU 4.1.0. Thereafter i have just install updated system software after downloading lumia updater. Then i downloaded under speach(English(India) and English (UK)) and restart the phone. Then i switch the data speed to 3G and i am able to received 3G network. But little disapointment is that it takes almost a 5 to 10 minutes to received a 3G network. in the first instant when i changed data speed to 3G, the signal show E only, then aftr 5 to 10 minutes signal changed to 3G and data spped is also very fast.

Friends what could be the reason, do anybody know the reason. however m happy because atleast i could received 3G network even it takes a long time to connect it.

Navin nl

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
ha ha... Exactly as I expected..im from Trivandrum..bsnl.. I think bsnl is completely porting to 3.5G network.. The transition is not digested by our poor windows phone that's y network looping like this.. Windows phone badly need 3G lock..

Hey I am also from Trivandrum
I found a solution to the problem

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Btw i saw ur solution.. I cant loose amber features at present.. So not trying it.. I don know y ms is not implementing a 3g lock in their os..

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Got good 3g signal in my office.. So adjusting with that... Hell with MS.. Lost ₹25k for this silly fon.. Can't Access internet which is supposed to be the basic function of a smartphone. Never windows phone again

Navin nl

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
please don't tell that u r at techno park

I am not working in Technopark. B-Tech student.
But approximately near to technopark...
My college...
I got the amber update after the downgrade of the os via wifi and now I have amber and bsnl 3G network...
But the only drawback is: if I select or change 3G network to 2G the problem comes back...

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
That's cos of BSNL tower nearby.. Elsewer in tvm bsnl 3g is perfect.. No such looping like H,H+, E... I already reported it to bsnl.. As expected the stupid customer care din do anything.. I think they r plannin an upgrade.. This prob started a few weeks back.. If our poor windows phone had a 3G only option we wud hav survived this... My old galaxy device has HSPA only option which i can use without any prob...

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Nokia developers please listen to this thread. Nokia Lumia is useless in India without a stable 3G. I can use my Samsung galaxy without any trouble, locked to 3G.
The basic function of a smartphone is neglected

Chandu Yarrabelli

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
NO 3G connection after updating lumia 520 to amber

My mobile network settings were fine and Highest connection speed is 3G I even gave settings manually which resulted same problem. I think we lost 3G speed just cos of amber update, hope we need 3G update too which suits amber.

Please microsoft and nokia pls make it fast.

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I had the loop H=, H, 3G to E quite a while, i could manage but now my network is completely 1G (not even 2G) in its speed. BUt the strange part is at times the sign will show H+ and will be snails speed. Could this be Windows GDR3 which causes my other apps also hang often (not stable).

Now it is really a pain in the *** to browse internet, whatsapp is okay thats it others need a long wait hahahahahahahahahaedhahdahdhadhahdahda

I am Airtel subscriber (mizoram, India) and the tower is just next to my house and the signal for the tower is always full

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmm I also updated my 920 to GDR3 and have no issues. I had this signal looping with it after OTA update to Amber but solved it with a manual flash to a non branded ROM

EngineerTuna

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hmm I also updated my 920 to GDR3 and have no issues. I had this signal looping with it after OTA update to Amber but solved it with a manual flash to a non branded ROM

Well my problem still persist even i did like you. 3G chosen, other phones (with my sim card) works just fine but mine always shows E.

EngineerTuna

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

Its good news for me and may help to you guys too. since my 3G is not working after updates to Amber, then again i downgrads my firm were version 1030.6409.1314.1002 with the help of NSU 4.1.0. Thereafter i have just install updated system software after downloading lumia updater. Then i downloaded under speach(English(India) and English (UK)) and restart the phone. Then i switch the data speed to 3G and i am able to received 3G network. But little disapointment is that it takes almost a 5 to 10 minutes to received a 3G network. in the first instant when i changed data speed to 3G, the signal show E only, then aftr 5 to 10 minutes signal changed to 3G and data spped is also very fast.

Friends what could be the reason, do anybody know the reason. however m happy because atleast i could received 3G network even it takes a long time to connect it.

How can i downgrade? I dont have Pre -Amber rom files.
RM821_059Q9G3 Global Turkish Rom
RM821_059Q9G8 Turkcell Branded Turkish Rom

I can use both of them but i m not able to find pre-amber rom. Does anyone know?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon