Headphone Problem Lumia 520

judemanutd

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello people i recently purchased a nokia lumia 520 and have a slight problem with the headphones.

1) The headphone won't go in all the way into the 3.5mm jack,part of it sticks out

2) The audio quality sounds like its playing in mono,is there a way to change audio setting?

I am using Sennheiser MX 170 Earphones which works perfectly on my psp and on my 5800 Xpress music.
Do i have to buy a new set of headphones for the lumia,if so which one??

18102013191.jpg

18102013197.jpg

Last edited:

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
This is not supposed to happen. It should go all the way in. Looks like headphone jack is being blocked by something. Did you try to force it in the jack?

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. My first 520, some music played with the R channel volume much lower than the L. I could get to work by slightly retracting the jack. I exchanged the phone thinking it was a faulty phone, but the second one was just like it. Some music seems to play with both channels about the same volume, so I'm not sure what's going on. I used a generic, cheapy Panasonic headphone. My iphone buds didn't seem to work well. I'm thinking of getting a bluetooth headset anyways.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
i tried a bit but it didnt go in, a little scared i dont want to break it.Are you sure the whole thing goes in?

Things like these usually lose up with the time. Try to force it in and if you're too worried about breaking it then take it to the service center.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I exchanged it at an AT&T store, and didn't ask the CS reps about the problem. I just told them that I think that the phone was faulty. I think it's more of a design "flaw". I just accepted it as is because it's not a deal breaker for me. I'll have to try some other headphones, as maybe there is a specific make/model that works well. I'm really looking for a good bluetooth headset. I'm no audiophile. I will need a wired set for when I'm listening to FM radio.

judemanutd

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Things like these usually lose up with the time. Try to force it in and if you're too worried about breaking it then take it to the service center.

That did the trick,i tried it again put a little more force and it went in :grin: music quality is awesome,I'm loving it :)
Thank you.

judemanutd

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I exchanged it at an AT&T store, and didn't ask the CS reps about the problem. I just told them that I think that the phone was faulty. I think it's more of a design "flaw". I just accepted it as is because it's not a deal breaker for me. I'll have to try some other headphones, as maybe there is a specific make/model that works well. I'm really looking for a good bluetooth headset. I'm no audiophile. I will need a wired set for when I'm listening to FM radio.

Thank you for your reply

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo