AT&T Amber Update Installed, but None of the Features have been added?

Deepcoiler

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, my brother updated his AT&T 920 to Amber a few days ago. After the update finished installing, settings>extras+info does not display "Lumia Amber", and none of the GDR2 or Amber features appear to be present on the device; however, the phone now says that there is no available update and the firmware and OS version numbers appear to indicate that GDR2 is installed.

Any idea as to what is going on? Is there a way to force a reinstall of the update? Preemptive thanks for any help.

Deepcoiler

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
By system app do you mean the Settings app? Sysapp Pusher does not list that app as needing an update. Sysapp Pusher does show the Amber system apps (like Glance) but the store says they are unable to be installed on the phone because it is not up-to-date.

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I had to install 2 updates, the first time it didn't install amber, then later I tried to update again and it said there was another update available. i'm not on AT&T though, so it could be an issue with them.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Most are hidden within other headings, glance for example doesn't appear as it's own setting for a day or two, in 'display' does Lumia color profile appear ? in "audio" is flip to silence present in enhancements ? how about in settings call+SMS filter " How about in settings Storage check ?

Get SysApps Pusher & Lumia Pusher in the store
In SysApps Pusher the newest versions of glance and call+SMS filter is there. Try updating all the apps that those two apps show,
some overlap but some are only listed in one of those apps.

Deepcoiler

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Most are hidden within other headings, glance for example doesn't appear as it's own setting for a day or two, in 'display' does Lumia color profile appear ? in "audio" is flip to silence present in enhancements ? how about in settings call+SMS filter " How about in settings Storage check ?

Get SysApps Pusher & Lumia Pusher in the store
In SysApps Pusher the newest versions of glance and call+SMS filter is there. Try updating all the apps that those two apps show,
some overlap but some are only listed in one of those apps.

For whatever reason, using Lumia Pusher I am able to update/install the system apps, but not with SysApps Pusher. Thank you for the help, everyone.

Last edited:

sagar96

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Sir i have update my phone Lumia 520 to amber but the tap to wake up and glance features are not install so please help me or tell how can i intall them

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Sir i have update my phone Lumia 520 to amber but the tap to wake up and glance features are not install so please help me or tell how can i intall them

Hello sir, three things - A) Thank you for resurrecting an old topic B) This is part of the 920 section, not the 520, and C) The 520 doesn't get Tap to Wake Up and the Glance features due to hardware limitations. Sorry for the bad news, but Nokia did have to cut a few corners for the phone to be as successful as it is. However, hope you're still enjoying everything else Nokia offers, and then some (especially with GDR3, Black, and 8.1 around the corner (really curious what Nokia will bring to the table then ;D)).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos