Guys, got my Lumia 920 yesterday. It's a lovely phone but I'm having some issues with it.
    I couldn't charge it fully yesterday and before sleeping my battery died. I kept it switched off until morning and charged it fully after I woke up. Then I played with it for 4 hours continuously and it went to 0 from 100 percent battery. I was taking pictures downloading apps over WiFi, Angry Birds for 15 minutes and general playing with the phone.
    And I noticed it gets really hot, I mean very hot above the Camera with just light use. I have only Facebook, Whatsapp, Metrotube, Angry birds star wars, Nokia pro cam and Nokia Express, and WPCentral installed. My WiFi was on, Bluetooth on for some time, tap and send off location was on battery saver off auto back up off and and photo upload to skydive also off. Find my phone off, feedback enabled. Email sync to 30 minutes and only one account. Brightness set to medium and sunlight readability off..
    My firmware revision no is 1232.5957.1308.0001..
    Guys is it normal for my phone to drain to zero in 4 hours of continuous use?? And get hot like crazy with light use. I've blocked background task for all apps.
    Is my phone faulty or does it have tp do something with the firmware. Also pro cam is not working, it says sorry but this app won't work with this version of Windows Phone. Guess my phone is pre amber. Help, it's urgent..
    Sent from my ST25i using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    10-20-2013 05:32 AM
    It's normal for phones to have 4 hours of screen on time (usage, basically).
    And the 920's overheating issue is pretty well known, overheats frequently on my 920 too.

Depending on where you are, the Amber update should have rolled out already, have you tried checking for updates manually and updating? You can check if it's on Amber by going into extras+info
    10-20-2013 05:49 AM
    It's not on amber yet. When I checked for updates, it shows there's an update. But got no pc right now so can't update. And the update is pretty big to download on phone. So I shouldn't worry about the overheating?? Isn't my Lumia a faulty one? Also, does amber fix this issue??

10-20-2013 06:23 AM
    Just so you know... Wp8 doesn't need a PC to update. It goes 'over the air'. If you're worried about file size, just be connected to WiFi when you download the update.
    10-20-2013 07:00 AM
    K I'll try thanks.. :)

10-20-2013 11:34 AM
    Does amber fix the overheating issue??

10-20-2013 11:34 AM
    If it shuts off because its hot that's overheating, the 920 does get warm in use.
    10-20-2013 12:14 PM
    It doesn't shut off.. So i shouldn't worry?? Cause i had read that this chipset doesn't get warm and there were butter tests too.. 😆 but this feels really hot to me. Maybe I'm frightening too much, but it's a new phone so.. Anyway thanks..
    10-20-2013 02:09 PM
    It doesn't shut off.. So i shouldn't worry?? Cause i had read that this chipset doesn't get warm and there were butter tests too.. 😆 but this feels really hot to me. Maybe I'm frightening too much, but it's a new phone so.. Anyway thanks..
    you shouldn't worry so much... It's a new phone so it's natural for you to baby it, I had done so with my 920 too. But you'll get used to the overheating soon, especially if you use a wireless charger.
    10-20-2013 06:58 PM
    ive had a few 920s and one got really really hot under light useage , the others only got hot when gaming for a while and not as hot as the one that got really hot

the one that got really hot obviously wasnt right , i mean just using facebook make a phone into a hand warmer ..... no way!! i could feel it in my pocket through my trousers it was ridiculous , it even got hot when in idle like some process was running

so i guess what i am saying is that some 920s defo get hotter then others , there was no way the very hot one should get that warm it was to hot and couldnt have done the components inside any good at all , i mean it was uncomfortably warm
    10-20-2013 09:03 PM
    The 920's heat is actually a Winter feature...
    10-20-2013 09:07 PM
    Well.After almost a year of suffering from the overheating issue and the related massive battery consumption and after changing 3 htc 8x and 2 lumia 920 i can say that it is caused because of OS and Firmware bug(s) and issues (maybe bad coding maybe bad optimization to be 100% compatible the OS with the devices that support it). The fact is that this is software related and Microsoft need to fix it. (Hopefully with the WP8.1 update that will bring many serious bugfixes)
    Also i can say that the Amber update in many cases has aggravated the issue!It's very unprofessional from Microsoft HTC and NOKIA to not say a word about this issue and support the customers by providing update fixes!

P.S Support my suggestion if you agree Resolve The Firmware/OS bug That Causes Major Overheating of The WP8 Devices! – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    10-26-2013 02:12 PM
    Well.After almost a year of suffering from the overheating issue and the related massive battery consumption and after changing 3 htc 8x and 2 lumia 920 i can say that it is caused because of OS and Firmware bug(s) and issues (maybe bad coding maybe bad optimization to be 100% compatible the OS with the devices that support it). The fact is that this is software related and Microsoft need to fix it. (Hopefully with the WP8.1 update that will bring many serious bugfixes)
    Also i can say that the Amber update in many cases has aggravated the issue!It's very unprofessional from Microsoft HTC and NOKIA to not say a word about this issue and support the customers by providing update fixes!

P.S Support my suggestion if you agree Resolve The Firmware/OS bug That Causes Major Overheating of The WP8 Devices! – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    I work with people all day who feel they are the victim of some OS bug that needs to be fixed. How is it that most 920s work perfectly fine (including my own)?
    10-26-2013 02:52 PM
    Maybe we do something that triggers the bug and thats why not all 920 devices suffer from this.
    After ~20 mins of runing almost every app and game the phone becomes hot and i get an hourly battery consumptio around 20%/hour!
    I cannot consider that HTC and NOKIA made so many deffect devices that suffer from the same issue (as i said already changed 5 devices from 2 different manufacturers)
    I believe that if this was a hardware issue the phone would begun to overheat simply when it was just ON!
    WP need to improve and make the OS more mature and stable and devs need to optimize their games/apps as much as possible for the WP platform!Porting an app from iOS isn't just enough!
    Seetam likes this.
    10-26-2013 06:51 PM
    Dear,
    I have also my lumia 920 yesterday and heats up like steam for playing a game temple run for five minutes . After five minutes it cools down perfectly.
    it also heats up when i am taking pictures with camera having all apps closed.
    the always remain little bit warm having 2G mobile data network on.
    Is there any hardware issue or its normal for the os.
    pls suggest me i have 10 days return scheme.
    10-27-2013 06:01 AM
    I've had the same 920 for 11 months. The heating issue is not as drastic now as when the phone was new, functions that require more ram still warm up the phone. It froze a couple of times. No issues since installing GDR3 (Update 3), Amber firmware. I think the device will last until I'm ready to upgrade and maybe beyond.
    10-28-2013 09:23 PM