Enable 3 rows of tiles for Samsung ATIV S!

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Im on the fence about flashing my device to GDR2 so I can get GDR3 and then this. I just hate the fact I need to instal EVERYTHING and waste basically a full day to my phone (ridiculous when you think of it really)

A question for you who have this enabled... Are the smallest tiles big enough so your not accidentally hitting wrong tiles, or the medium tiles big enough to have information on them and still easy to read them in normal viewing?

I have all the files downloaded, but Im hesitant...

As far as I recall i did not need to reinstall any apps for GDR 2 and 3. Perhaps others can confirm. The only issue is if you want the data sense app you will need to hard reset for it to show. If you are mot bothered by it then you don't need to reset.

Also the smallest tiles are fine. You will not accidentally hit other tiles.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
A question for you who have this enabled... Are the smallest tiles big enough so your not accidentally hitting wrong tiles, or the medium tiles big enough to have information on them and still easy to read them...

Just go here (via your phone) and tap on the gdr3 start screen screenshot and zoom in and resize and reposition it to fill your phone screen to simulate what it will look like om your phone. Microsoft introduceert Windows Phone 8 GDR3-update – GSMinfo.nl

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
As far as I recall i did not need to reinstall any apps for GDR 2 and 3. Perhaps others can confirm. The only issue is if you want the data sense app you will need to hard reset for it to show. If you are mot bothered by it then you don't need to reset.

Also the smallest tiles are fine. You will not accidentally hit other tiles.

The problem is that Im on GDR1, because Samsung has not released GDR2 in Finland. To get GDR3, I would need to be on GDR2 and because its not released for my device, I need to flash = lose everything.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
With the reg tweak, if you change it to 2 instead of 1, the text on pinned tiles is slightly smaller as well as in the app list when you swipe from right to left.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
@jessenic im on developer preview 8.1 its free you need to be registered as a developer through developer center

No, no you're not...you're on 8.0 GDR3. You proved that with the version numbers you posted...you know...the 'os 8.0.10512.142' in your version...meaning 8.0!

To get to GDR3, again, 8.0, you downloaded the developer preview like the rest of us did.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
why can't this be done with nokia phones? the sort of jail breaking thing and yes i know its not jail break but how come you can change things on this samsung than the other nokia windows phones?

AtivS8

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Right okay grand thanks im trying this reg edit but my daft dell wont install either sdk 8.0 because im windows 7 or sdk 7.1.1/7.8 for developer unlock to get interop unlock for 3rd row of tiles also helper app xap from xda doesn't have any xap's in download :( been round in circles for an hour helllpppp

AtivS8

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
why can't this be done with nokia phones? the sort of jail breaking thing and yes i know its not jail break but how come you can change things on this samsung than the other nokia windows phones?
because you use the Samsung diagnostics app to get to the 'registry' to edit it where as Nokia have a different diagnostics method i presume

AtivS8

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
You need to be developer unlocked first which means generally you need to have registered/unlocked your phone through the sdk (software development kit) as a developer which yes you need to register for but the sdk and register links are all on dev.windowsphone.com/uk just google the site

Shayx

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
after i'm developer unlocked, what do i need to do to get interop-unlocked?

and if i do a hard reset would i lose my developer unlock status?

AtivS8

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
After your delepoer unlocked you use the application deployment tool in your sdk to deploy the helper app which is on xda developers to your phone (even though when i downloaded the file and unzipped it there wasn't an xap in it...) fire phone up and helper app and use toast notification to get you to directory/registry and copy and paste(by holding back button to switch apps) into registry and write it and done unlocked

0bvd0

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
What is is that i really need to interop unlock and apply the tweak?
Windows 8? SDK? Unlocked dev account? Samsung diagnostic app? Xap files? Tweak tool?
A simple step by step guide would be much appreciated!

jessenic

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
After your delepoer unlocked you use the application deployment tool in your sdk to deploy the helper app which is on xda developers to your phone (even though when i downloaded the file and unzipped it there wasn't an xap in it...) fire phone up and helper app and use toast notification to get you to directory/registry and copy and paste(by holding back button to switch apps) into registry and write it and done unlocked
You unzipped the xap itself. IE has a bug that makes it think XAPs are zips instead. Just rename the zip to xap.

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I am getting Error - Installation of the application failed. Run time error has occurred. Fix the Capabilities in WMAppManifest.xml file. What could be the issue? Samsung ATIV S interop unlocked.

[Windows Phone] Error Sideloading App.PNG

Solved.

Requires additional capabilities from the <Capabilities> element of the WMAppManifest.xml and thus requires Bootstrap Samsung and Enable all sideloading.

Last edited:

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Folks, what option stands for this registry hack? Is it Large screen mode (GDR3), Big screen for start screen (GDR3) or what? I suppose, its the last one, correct?

Also, I've set Volume control to be 0 to 50, but after restart the highest value is still 30 although, when opened, WPH shows 0-50. Why is that?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo