8x stuck on gears after update

scorpio1991

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my brother tried update his htc 8x via wifi to new OS update and get sad face while updating and then phone shuted down and stuck on gears... I tried hard reset , but not worked, it stuck on gears when I try to power it on... and I left phone for a 4 days pluged to AC charger on gears but still nothing... What can I do?

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Make sure to try the soft reset (power+volume down) first or hard reset (power+volume down+camera button) then when it vibrates, stop pressing the power button and hold the camera and volume down for 15 more seconds then leave your phone for a while (5-10 mins)

Wilson Robert

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my brother tried update his htc 8x via wifi to new OS update and get sad face while updating and then phone shuted down and stuck on gears... I tried hard reset , but not worked, it stuck on gears when I try to power it on... and I left phone for a 4 days pluged to AC charger on gears but still nothing... What can I do?
Bro i had the same problem when i tried to hard reset my phone before the amber update then i had to give it to a service center...

scorpio1991

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
ok, tried hard reset and now I am waiting 5-10 min for someting. but screen is black and not showing anything, this is good or not? :D

scorpio1991

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
ok, after waiting I tried to power phone but nothing showing up, just vibrate once and thats it. But when I connect to USB phone powered up and showing charging and cant get on to further.

scorpio1991

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, charging is good, tried on other phone and on this one, If I left phone plugged in with bootloader screen, then phone is charging. and I dont found different ROM :/ maybe you know where is some tutorial and rom download link?

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
i want you to try a hard reset again but keep the phone plug it even after you've done it (power+volume down+camera button) then when it vibrates, stop pressing the power button and hold the camera and volume down for 8 more seconds then leave your phone for a while (20mins), if this doesn't work again then let the battery drain completely

scorpio1991

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
When I press 3 buttons and then feel vibrate, then I realease power button and keep pressing another two my phone just restarts nonstop...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss