Apt-x support?

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Can't seem to find much info about this.

It seems BT 4.0 is on the roadmap for the next update from microsoft (not sure if it's enabled in gdr3 or not), but i'm not sure if these phones support apt-x over bluetooth yet or ever will?

since we don't out USB audio output, i suppose apt-x would be the next best thing.

anyone have any info?

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm fairly certain that the Lumia range (at least 920+) already supports apt-x. Its advertised as a feature of the Nokia audio accessories like the PlayUp & PowerUp speakers, etc.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm fairly certain that the Lumia range (at least 920+) already supports apt-x. Its advertised as a feature of the Nokia audio accessories like the PlayUp & PowerUp speakers, etc.

are you sure?

that seems to conflict with this request posted in 2011: APT-X support – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

there are recent postings (august, september) that indicate apt-x is not available to the 92X or 1020

Gadgety

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

No, WP does not support APTX. There are Nokia headsets that do, but no WP. So please pester Nokia/Microsoft until they include it.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Apt-x has been around since the 90's, it works over A2DP and doesn't require Bluetooth 4. I'm sure I've seen confirmation of Lumina phones having Apt-x, ill try to find some links.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
sorry forgot to update.

asked nokia care on twitter. they wouldn't comment on GDR3/bittersweet whatever support for apt-x, but they told me no lumia devices in their current form support aptx

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
which basically means our phones, which are most highly regarded for their multimedia capabilities (not much else WP is ahead in...), will sound like crap wirelessly.

can't say i'm all too impressed with the analog out either.

Shai Petel

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Can't seem to find much info about this.

It seems BT 4.0 is on the roadmap for the next update from microsoft (not sure if it's enabled in gdr3 or not), but i'm not sure if these phones support apt-x over bluetooth yet or ever will?

since we don't out USB audio output, i suppose apt-x would be the next best thing.

anyone have any info?

Good news everyone!
Windows phone 8.1 GDR1 (update 1, which should be released very soon) clearly states it will add support Apt-x codec.
So, I guess it means no windows phone prior to this version has it, but the good news are that they are adding it in the next update.

matiu_00

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
My 1520 w/8.1 update 1 developer preview has apt-x. It sounds way better. I'd much rather have line-out over USB to my Fiio, but I'll take it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720