Lumia 520 Bricked...???

Joao Paulo SW

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I'm having a problem with my Nokia L520.
Everything was working perfectly ... until today, I put it to charge by USB (in the notebook).
The phone turned off, and the Windows Phone 8 no longer starts. When I press the power button, even when the phone is connected to the charger, a signal appears (battery being charged) but the windows phone does not start. Now, if I try to turn it WITHOUT the charger (with the notebook for example), appears a sign of a battery with a question mark in the middle.
Someone went through the same problem, or know how to fix it??
Already tried a master reset, but it did not work.
Thank you!

Joao Paulo SW

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello N_LaRUE...thank?s for reply!I've tried this method before, but the problem was not solved. I'm not having the "spinning cogs" problem. In my case, when I turn on my phone, a signal (battery being charged) appears (when the phone is conected by USB) or a battery with a question mark in the middle (when the phone NOT charging) and nothing else happens.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello N_LaRUE...thank?s for reply!I've tried this method before, but the problem was not solved. I'm not having the "spinning cogs" problem. In my case, when I turn on my phone, a signal (battery being charged) appears (when the phone is conected by USB) or a battery with a question mark in the middle (when the phone NOT charging) and nothing else happens.

My understanding of the software was to help with a phone when it doesn't startup correctly (not functioning). Not just for the spinning cogs. So you used the software or did you abandon it because you thought it wouldn't help? Your issues sounds similar to what happened to mind after the spinning cogs. It wouldn't start at all just the Nokia splash screen then a battery.

Is your phone actually starting up? If it does did you try a hard reset?

Joao Paulo SW

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
My understanding of the software was to help with a phone when it doesn't startup correctly (not functioning). Not just for the spinning cogs. So you used the software or did you abandon it because you thought it wouldn't help? Your issues sounds similar to what happened to mind after the spinning cogs. It wouldn't start at all just the Nokia splash screen then a battery.

Is your phone actually starting up? If it does did you try a hard reset?

I used the software, but the problem was not solved :) I also tried with Nokia Care Suite (recovery option), but nothing happened (the problem continues). I already tried a hard reset too. The phone dosen't start. When I turn on the phone without a charger says "Nokia", then a signal with a battery with question mark appears. If I try to turne on WITH a charger, the word Nokia does not appear, only the battery charging signal (and nothing happens).

Niavlys77

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
To me, it sounds like it's not recognizing your battery - something might be wrong with it.

Was it holding a charge as usual before it just stopped working? Have you tried removing the battery and putting it back in (to make sure it's seated properly)?

Joao Paulo SW

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
To me, it sounds like it's not recognizing your battery - something might be wrong with it.

Was it holding a charge as usual before it just stopped working? Have you tried removing the battery and putting it back in (to make sure it's seated properly)?
I've tried remove the battery, and whit a new battery too

Amarendra Jha

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
It seems like my lumia 520 is also dead its not getting on while pressing power button nor showing any sign when connecting to a charger, while connecting with a pc a qhsusb_dload driver is not found popping up..was my phone bricked.

raj kamal935

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
i tried to rollback from win10 TP to win8.1 using recovery tool and in between i got a red scrren with nokia on it.then it didnt complete installation.each time it was getting struck at 16% and after some time i removed from my pc then it got turned off.
now i got nothing on screen even it wont turn on with power and voume down button. looks like my lumia 520 is dead.
any help pls pls pls.

manish kumar33

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
It seems like my lumia 520 is also dead its not getting on while pressing power button nor showing any sign when connecting to a charger, while connecting with a pc a qhsusb_dload driver is not found popping up..was my phone bricked.

I recently faced the same problem . Initially the screen went red with NOKIA written on it and after some time it bricked.
Kindly help me...

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
For those who still haven't rolled back to Windows phone 8.1 don't roll back. Let it run Windows 10 until Microsoft releases new build as the current build has problem reverting back to Windows 8.1 and would brick your phone.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
For those who still haven't rolled back to Windows phone 8.1 don't roll back. Let it run Windows 10 until Microsoft releases new build as the current build has problem reverting back to Windows 8.1 and would brick your phone.

My brother did this with his 1020. Went to rollback, and it's bricked... QHSUSB_DLOAD is detected when plugged in to computer, but the phone will do absolutely nothing depsite the different combo key presses to reset, etc...

Ali Bubere

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I also bricked my Lumia 520 but I was trying to just reinstall the firmware with official Windows Phone Recovery Tool. So apparently it is not a Windows 10 rollback problem but something to do with WPRT and Lumia 520 combination

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb