Lumia 920 Battery % Doesn't Update Properly

Niavlys77

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed something pretty unusual with my Lumia 920 (Rogers). Over the past couple months I've noticed that while charging over night, my phone says it's only charged to about 70-90%.

This is using a normal charger, not wireless, so I'm positive it doesn't just stop at 100% and turn off.

Now on top of this - I've tried restarting the phone right when I notice this (tried this 6 morning in a row), and every single time when the phone turns back on, it shows 100%, as I should expect.

So I've been wondering, how often does my Lumia 920 not show the actual battery level - and how far off is it usually...?

Has anyone else noticed this with their Lumia 920 and have any insight on this? Maybe even some fix for it?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You can try a soft reset hold the power key and volume down key till it vibrates and see if the device has an update for GDR3.

dinoBa

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed something pretty unusual with my Lumia 920 (Rogers). Over the past couple months I've noticed that while charging over night, my phone says it's only charged to about 70-90%.

This is using a normal charger, not wireless, so I'm positive it doesn't just stop at 100% and turn off.

Now on top of this - I've tried restarting the phone right when I notice this (tried this 6 morning in a row), and every single time when the phone turns back on, it shows 100%, as I should expect.

Here is someone with a similar problem ( http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/215695-76.htm ). He then charged the phone just to reach 100%, and then unplugged it, so do try that.

Niavlys77

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It actually has GDR3 on it - I'm a developer so I got that right when they put it out there. I had the problem before and after the update.

As for the other thread - my issue seems a bit different. They're reporting "phantom discharging", but mine instead stays at, say 60%, while charging - even with my Qi charger (which I know when it stops charging because it slowly flashes the light). I'll pull it off, and it shows whatever it was as when I had put it on. I restart the phone, and it's right at 100% like it should be. It does seem to show the levels more accurately as it's discharging over the day (though it still seems to get "stuck" relatively often), but when charging, it rarely if ever keeps up.

It almost seems to be getting worse too - almost like there a bad connection wherever it is that the phone gets data related to how much charge the battery has. I've even tried taking the phone apart to re-seat the battery connector with no change.

I suppose it's not a huge deal, since the battery always lasts longer than I need it to, but it's a bit annoying knowing that the charge level isn't actually what I see.

On a completely separate note: I absolutely love this phone...the weight, the screen, everything just screams high quality about it. Just wish I hadn't gotten it off eBay- that might be my problem to start with.

dinoBa

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, how long does the charge actually last with your usage pattern?
I am lucky if I get more than 10 hours, and I keep all background apps turned off (Only 2G and the like).

Niavlys77

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Most of the time I use it lightly (I don't game or stream videos much with it). I haven't counted the hours exactly, but if I were to guess, I'd say I get at least a day on average. I haven't actually had problems with how long it lasts, which is nice. Oh and I always have LTE speeds, and I have most background apps off other than a couple weather apps and GasBuddy.

10 hours though? That sounds pretty rough...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12