Hi everyone I am a new member and not very gadget orientated but I was gifted a Nokia Lumia 920 and today gave my imei number to Nokia and was told I was not eligible for support??? the phone is not yet 6 months old but I am a second user what difference that makes I am not sure. Anyway my problem is this I also run a windows 7 PC which I use to charge the phone by USB, I am also an insulin dependent diabetic and have created on my PC an office document in word to record my blood glucose readings, carbohydrate intake, insulin dosage etc. Can anyone in common English layman's terms talk me through how to update the doc on my phone from my PC ? I have downloaded skydrive and whenever or whatever I do, I do not seem to be able to update the document on the phone, The document exists on the phone because I mailed it as an attachment to myself but will not restore and update from my computer I have not even been able to find out how to delete the document and start again please someone help me out here as it would be greatly beneficial to my health as well giving me a lot more freedom of movement without having to remember times what I have eaten etc. Many thanks in advance Chris
    10-21-2013 01:25 PM
    Hi everyone I am a new member and not very gadget orientated but I was gifted a Nokia Lumia 920 and today gave my imei number to Nokia and was told I was not eligible for support??? the phone is not yet 6 months old but I am a second user what difference that makes I am not sure. Anyway my problem is this I also run a windows 7 PC which I use to charge the phone by USB, I am also an insulin dependent diabetic and have created on my PC an office document in word to record my blood glucose readings, carbohydrate intake, insulin dosage etc. Can anyone in common English layman's terms talk me through how to update the doc on my phone from my PC ? I have downloaded skydrive and whenever or whatever I do, I do not seem to be able to update the document on the phone, The document exists on the phone because I mailed it as an attachment to myself but will not restore and update from my computer I have not even been able to find out how to delete the document and start again please someone help me out here as it would be greatly beneficial to my health as well giving me a lot more freedom of movement without having to remember times what I have eaten etc. Many thanks in advance Chris
    Welcome to WPCentral and we are glad to have you!

As far as the support part goes, I really have no clue. I would ask for further explanation from Nokia.

Answer a couple questions for me: What version of Office do you have (2013, 2010, etc.)? Also, do you have any real experience in using Skydrive?

Depending on your answers, I can give you a pretty detail explanation of what to do.
    10-21-2013 01:37 PM
    Hi Im diabetic too...whats your office version?
    10-21-2013 01:40 PM
    Hi and thanks for the speedy reply I have no experience with skydrive at all, I never even new it existed until I was prompted to download it I am not that clever with the phone either but if I do not try I will never learn !! the office on my pc is 2007 many thanks again Chris
    10-21-2013 01:55 PM
    Quick explanation: Skydrive is a cloud service. Think of it as a place you can store files where all of your computers and your 920 can access them. Ultimately, you will be placing your Excel spreadsheet on Skydrive so that it automatically becomes available on your Windows 7 machine and phone while also updating on both devices when you make a change (assuming both are connected to the internet).

Check this link out: How to Use the Skydrive Application in Windows 7 & Windows 8

It gives a detailed explanation on how to set Skydrive up on Windows 7. It will also show you how to put your Excel spreadsheet on Skydrive to that it updates properly. It will take awhile to read through, but it gives you pictures and it explains it better then I would. If you have further questions about a specific part, I will be more then happy to explain it further.
    10-21-2013 02:05 PM
    If you need more help, private message me on here so you are sure to get my attention quickly. You can do that by clicking on my screen name, and then click on PM.
    10-21-2013 02:39 PM
    Thanks for all your help I have been away from the PC for a while I will start again fresh tomorrow and will pm you if I get stuck thanks a lot Chris
    10-21-2013 03:26 PM