GDR3, 920 and Purity headset issues

daniel_leavitt2000

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I updated to GDR3 on my ATT Lumia 920 using the developer preview app from Microsoft. After updating, I purchased a set of Nokia Putity headphones. The speaker and sound work fine but the in-line buttons do not work at all. I went to the local MS store and they tested the headset on several phones including a 920 with the GDR2 update. They said that the GDR3 preview may have some issues with headset buttons.

Has anyone run into this problem? Is there a fix?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I updated to GDR3 on my ATT Lumia 920 using the developer preview app from Microsoft. After updating, I purchased a set of Nokia Putity headphones. The speaker and sound work fine but the in-line buttons do not work at all. I went to the local MS store and they tested the headset on several phones including a 920 with the GDR2 update. They said that the GDR3 preview may have some issues with headset buttons.

Has anyone run into this problem? Is there a fix?

that is strange. I have the Nokia Purity headphones (wired) and all the buttons work fine. I did notice that the stop/start button on my Logitech worked before upgrading to GDR3 but that button doesn't work anymore. The Purity set still works perfectly fine though. I've seen other posts in which people reported loosing functionality with different headphone sets.
Make sure you have all the latest system app updates. Use sysapp pusher from the store and see if you have the latest audio setting.

I know it's a PITA but I'd consider a hard reset if you have tried all other possibilities, although I've also read in other posts in which people had issues with GDR3 and other headphones that a reset didn't fix it either.

good luck

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
We tried a few headsets at the store. None of the buttons worked but the sound and speaker worked fine. I already tried a hard reset and app pusher with no results.

sorry to hear that. But seeing that my L920 on GDR3 works perfectly fine with the same headset makes me believe it's not entirely/only a GDR3 issue. May be a sporadic one. Tested mine again today to make sure I am not talking hot air, but the buttons work 100%

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon