T-Mobile Lumia 925 poor battery life

Elijach Rivera

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought a lumia 925 in a Microsoft store. I am really happy with the performance of the phone but the one important issue I've been having is with the battery life. I can only get a maximum of 10 hours out of a single charge which is pretty annoying given that I've read some posts of people getting almost a day out of it. My real concern is that I have been doing some tuning with the cell to maximize the performance and even with it I cant get enough charge for the day. Like adjusting the brightness to low, turning of glance screen, reducing background tasks, soft reset and reinstalling some apps But nothing seems to work. This is my second unit and it still faces the same problem. I am beginning to think that the problem lies within T-Mobile units, Is there any other Tmo 925's with the same problem? Does GDR3 fixes the issue?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
How is your coverage where you are using the device? If coverage is poor, the device will consume battery as it attempts to connect to a network.

wpeightuser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine for about two weeks. Battery life has only improved. I'm on T-Mobile. Always on LTE at work, splits between 4G/LTE at home.

pottyvick

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I've had min for about 2 weeks as well. Battery life is not great but i've had worse. Mine lasts me about 6-7 hours but im a heavy user.

I have background tasks off, sync to once a day, brightness on low, location off, wifi off, and i'm on gdr3...

Signal is ok at work and ok at home (LTE)...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Give the battery a little time to calibrate. Within the first month of me having my 920, I was occasionally getting less than 10 hours of battery life out of it, but a little while later, I was seeing 24+ hours. Sometimes, I can get as much as 40 hours out of it now. Just give it awhile.

Elijach Rivera

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys just wanted to let know that i found what was draining the battery. It was the location setting. Switch it off, now the phone last a full day easily. Dontknow why but there is something with it that is causing the drainage.

kumakantay

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue sort of. I am a moderate user and get maybe 20 hours. After giving it about a week, I have noticed my phone been getting a whole lot better battery life. I did a test. Before the improvement, I played a 10:30 minute videos from my internal memory and it drained 5%. After noticing it has gotten better, it now only drains 2 or 3 percent playing the same video. To drain your battery, maybe try streaming videos from Youtube for faster drainage. I should' ve done that instead. Not sure if it helps, but I fully charge my phone when it is down to 5-10 percent left and recharge it 100% and plus twenty minutes. You just have to give it time so the battery can calibrate itself. Anyways, good luck with your issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro