Nokia Cam NOT Available for Lumia 720

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Do this update improved the post-processing? Can't update yet for the next 6 hours.

I doubt that. It still softens the pic for me with hint of yellow hue. Nokia Camera has basically merged the Nokia Pro Cam and Smart Cam in one app. There are no improvements as of yet besides some minor tweaks in UI like Scenes shortcut at top. I also noticed Face Tracking option in settings (don't remember if it was there in Pro Cam or not). Integrated Smart Cam still shoots ****ty 1MP pics due to 512MB RAM limitation which clearly hints that Nokia Camera will be coming to all Lumia devices.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
downloaded...asked my colleague to open her Wifi hotspot. Post processing is faster now so you wouldn't notice the difference with preview one.
I doubt that. It still softens the pic for me with hint of yellow hue. Nokia Camera has basically merged the Nokia Pro Cam and Smart Cam in one app. There are no improvements as of yet besides some minor tweaks in UI like Scenes shortcut at top. I also noticed Face Tracking option in settings (don't remember if it was there in Pro Cam or not). Integrated Smart Cam still shoots ****ty 1MP pics due to 512MB RAM limitation which clearly hints that Nokia Camera will be coming to all Lumia devices.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Post processing is faster now so you wouldn't notice the difference with preview one.

It maybe faster but I still can tell the difference in pics at the time of taking it and after processing. There's no change in algorithm as far as I can see.

Rahul_Lumia_720

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I had downloaded Nokia Camera through proxy. But, when i open this app, tutorial comes. I click skip, it says "Close some apps - Your phone is busy and can't open the camera. Close some apps and try again."
I dont have apps running and the default camera works! Any solution for this?

Update: Restarted the phone and its working now :)

Last edited:

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Did you know that GDR3 is officially released for HTC 8XT. As usual we'll get it late because of Lumia Black but that's a sacrifice we've to make to get additional features.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the native camera app after updating N Pro Cam to Nokia cam?..Seems like there was an improvement as photos taken no longer appear as washed out post update. Wondering as on how did it improved/affect the native app..or is it just me:p
It maybe faster but I still can tell the difference in pics at the time of taking it and after processing. There's no change in algorithm as far as I can see.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Did you know that GDR3 is officially released for HTC 8XT. As usual we'll get it late because of Lumia Black but that's a sacrifice we've to make to get additional features.

I guess. Best thing is that displaying glance notifs and glance background won't affect the battery life in a Lumia 720 atleast. Since its an IPS LCD, the whole screen remains on when glance is active, unlike AMOLED devices in which case only the pixels that are displayed are powered.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried the native camera app after updating N Pro Cam to Nokia cam?..Seems like there was an improvement as photos taken no longer appear as washed out post update. Wondering as on how did it improved/affect the native app..or is it just me:p

Its just you. Why would updating the Nokia Camera app have any effect on the native camera app?

Last edited:

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I guess. Best thing is that displaying glance notifs and glance background won't affect the battery life in a Lumia 720 atleast. Since its an IPS LCD, the whole screen remains on when glance is active, unlike AMOLED devices in which case only the pixels that are displayed are powered.

Its a good thing that Glance doesn't affect battery life that much, considering the fact that AMOLEDs are more energy efficient and consume less battery than LCDs. By the way Lumia 920 has IPS LCD too.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I dont think Nokia camera will be available to all lumia phones as smart camera is still in the app store for download. Well it was when i looked yesterday.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon