Nokia Lumia 929 myth or real?

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
"It's not a myth! I've seen it!"
waterworld.nar.jpg

That crazy mariner, hahaa. Yes, it's a myth until it's real. And after Nokia World 2013, myth has moved up in the poll numbers.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's real. Whether it get's released or not is another story...

I don't think it's whether it gets released as much as when it gets released. Those are press images that were leaked. Somewhere out there, someone at Nokia or Verizon was preparing this thing to be announced. It was rumored to be seen in November of this year, now inexplicably Q1 of 2014. Frustrating to say the least.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's whether it gets released as much as when it gets released. Those are press images that were leaked. Somewhere out there, someone at Nokia or Verizon was preparing this thing to be announced. It was rumored to be seen in November of this year, now inexplicably Q1 of 2014. Frustrating to say the least.

I still don't believe the Q1 of 2014. Unless somebody has some more concrete evidence.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
On the software front, the Lumia 1520 and 1320 will come with a bunch of great new apps and features—many of which will be rolling out to existing phones in the form of a new update Nokia is calling Lumia Black. The update, which includes the latest version of the Windows Phone 8 operating system, is expected begin rolling out to Nokia Lumia smartphones running Windows Phone 8 in early 2014, the company said.
Nokia goes big, introduces the Lumia 1520 and 1320 with 6-inch HD screens. Plus: Instagram is coming!

I wonder if that's where Daniel is getting this information from.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Which part are you referring to? I see nothing in there to indicate Q1.

The part I put in bold above the link.

The update, which includes the latest version of the Windows Phone 8 operating system, is expected begin rolling out to Nokia Lumia smartphones running Windows Phone 8 in early 2014, the company said

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The part I put in bold above the link.

The update, which includes the latest version of the Windows Phone 8 operating system, is expected begin rolling out to Nokia Lumia smartphones running Windows Phone 8 in early 2014, the company said

Oh, sorry. Didn't see that you had included that in your post. Yeah, I don't think we can neccesarily conclude that that implies that we won't see anymore new hardware on Verizon until the 8.1 software is released. I hope that's what he's going off of, because it's not very solid.

What's your source?

Source is a tweet by WPCentral EiC, Daniel Rubino. https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/392380022578638849

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Ah. Well in that case...
[snip] now inexplicably Q1 of 2014. Frustrating to say the least.
Frustrating is an understatement. I feel like waiting for another source on that though... with press renders ready and the latest batch of global devices announced, I can't believe this is pushed back to Q1.

bradm77

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I went to my local Vzw store last night and picked up a Note 3. Love the screen real estate. The OS and user interface? Ehh, not quite so much. :unhappy:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I went to my local Vzw store last night and picked up a Note 3. Love the screen real estate. The OS and user interface? Ehh, not quite so much. :unhappy:

Honestly, the OS matters so much more than the screen real estate. I hope you don't regret your decision. But I am CERTAIN that I would.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Ah. Well in that case...

Frustrating is an understatement. I feel like waiting for another source on that though... with press renders ready and the latest batch of global devices announced, I can't believe this is pushed back to Q1.
Yeah I'm having problems believing it too especially with Update 3 being coming out. The only thing they could be doing is delaying it until WP8.1 is released.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I talked to an online chat guy with Verizon today. I asked him if he knew anything about the Nokia Lumia 929 and he said he'd only heard of it. I asked him if he thought it was going to be coming out anytime soon and he said potentially around Black Friday time just because they would want to get it out for holiday shopping. But he said he really was just guessing and that they aren't aware of new phones until a few days before release, which is true.

But, at least he had heard of it. And his random guess lines up with the third week of November rumor that was circulating for awhile. Hopefully we'll hear more soon.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I talked to an online chat guy with Verizon today. I asked him if he knew anything about the Nokia Lumia 929 and he said he'd only heard of it. I asked him if he thought it was going to be coming out anytime soon and he said potentially around Black Friday time just because they would want to get it out for holiday shopping. But he said he really was just guessing and that they aren't aware of new phones until a few days before release, which is true.

But, at least he had heard of it. And his random guess lines up with the third week of November rumor that was circulating for awhile. Hopefully we'll hear more soon.

Did he hear of it internally or from blog sites? If the latter, then he's just as reliable as any of us. I personally have given up asking carrier personnel. They are too low-level to be privy to upcoming devices and their release schedules.

If Verizon is denied a high-end 'hero' Lumia for yet another holiday season then somebody at Nokia and Verizon is horrible at their job. The numbers tell you exactly why. AT&T gets 3 in a row and the holiday releases before Verizon (and, more importantly, its customers) get anything. It just doesn't make a lick of business sense ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6