So, who's getting a 1320?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It's a pretty huge 6" phone that can take a variety of coloured cases, has micro SD capability and a reasonable price tag... who's getting one!?

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Make it available, unlocked, at Expansys-USA and I'd definitely pick one up as a companion device. It wouldn't replace my 920 as a phone, but it could replace my Surface RT. Maybe.

whale4499

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I had my heart set on a lumia 625 and thought 6 inch would be too big....... BUT NOW, after watching the videos.... I WANT. great specs and cracking value. Come on three UK.

jedpatrickdatu

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm seriously considering getting one. Its bang-for-buck is incredibly good - it's cheaper than the Lumia 720 at launch, yet it has almost double the features. As someone with a tight budget, this phone makes me drool. The only thing that keeps me back is the fact that Nokia will be gone soon, and I fear the lack of support in the long run. I might wait for Microsoft's first range of phones, but I doubt they will be as well priced as the 1320.

jedpatrickdatu

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I mean model-specific updates like little bug fixes, not big updates like Windows Phone 8.1. I'm also worried about Nokia Care disappearing. I do hope Microsoft will take care of Nokia customers once Nokia passes on.

Last edited:

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I mean model-specific updates like little bug fixes, not big updates like Windows Phone 8.1. I'm also worried about Nokia Care disappearing. I do hope Microsoft will take care of Nokia customers once Nokia passes on.

Considering that MS provides firmware updates for the Surface and Surface RT along with software updates, I don't see this changing for the Lumia line. And if the acquisition is approved, MS will have the entire Devices and Services division, which is going to include support for the existing Lumia and Asha devices.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Would an unlocked version work on T-Mobile, do you think?

I'm wondering the same thing too.

I'm thinking of saving my money for one if it does work on T-Mobile. Ive always thought phablets were stupid, but this sold me. I do wish it had a stylus, but who knows, maybe one will arrive later on? Anyways, this seems like a great phone. I like the white color, and its curvy design calls to me. It'd make a great replacement for my 521.

Edit: It of course would work on T-Mobile, but I'm curious if it will have the 1700MHz support like the 521, seeing as you would at best get 3G in most areas unless you live where the signal has been refarmed for 4G if it didn't.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing too.

I'm thinking of saving my money for one if it does work on T-Mobile. Ive always thought phablets were stupid, but this sold me. I do wish it had a stylus, but who knows, maybe one will arrive later on? Anyways, this seems like a great phone. I like the white color, and its curvy design calls to me. It'd make a great replacement for my 521.

Edit: It of course would work on T-Mobile, but I'm curious if it will have the 1700MHz support like the 521, seeing as you would at best get 3G in most areas unless you live where the signal has been refarmed for 4G if it didn't.
I am just wondering if the fact that AT&T currently has the exclusivity on the 1520 means we won't be seeing even the 1320 on T-Mobile anytime soon. After all it took ages for T-Mobile to get the 925. I know the 1320 is not the same phone as the 1520 in terms of raw specs, but given it's great price it surely would have to be at least a threat to the sales of the 1520.