Can you put the global version on a US carrier?

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
If GSMArena is to be believed, the US model (RM-938) will support both AT&T and T-Mo's frequencies (2G, 3G, and LTE). I'm a little hesitant to believe it though because we've yet to ever see a pentaband HSPA+ Windows Phone device. I wouldn't be surprised if GSMArena just filled it in with all possible freqs and will edit when they get official confirmation.

Nokia Lumia 1520 - Full phone specifications

JD_Morecraft

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
So I can take this RM-937 - global version and bring it to AT&T with ZERO issues. Before switching to WP, I was able to bring an unlocked Singapore iPhone and use a ATT sim.

Kevin Spring

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Another option seems to be using an unlocked version of the RM-38. This is the latin america version and covers the same spectrum as the us version, with the addition of 1700 and 1900, which means it will cover tmobile's network perfectly. In addition it has 32gb storage and built in wireless charging. This seems to be the perfect solution for users who want the full-spec phone on tmobile

outback15

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I was looking at that option myself because of the rumoured "slashed specs" of the ATT device. I have one question though. The 1520 is speced to be using a nano sim instead of a micro sim. Will that matter?

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Have you done this before with a WP device?
I have, sort of. I bought the Telstra version of the HTC HD2 with Windows Mobile 6. Australia uses one of the two bands that AT&T used for 3G. I just moved my SIM and it worked. AT&T was never told what device I had.

I do have a question out to our A&T Enterprise sales rep about using foreign phones with tethering. No answer yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster