Dropped my 8X !

Charlie Pelosi

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Posted about this over in the Lumina 925 section but wanted to share with all you 8X users what can happen when you drop the 8x on its face on a driveway.

Tmobile doesn't have the 8X anymore. So they are giving me Lumina 925 for my $150 deductible....
I was very fond of the 8X so even though the 925 looks to be its equal by specs I'm really going to miss this phone. I enjoyed everyday of using for the year I had it.

Untitled by CharliePel, on Flickr

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Almost the same damage that was caused to my 1st 8x by the same method (it fell out of my pocket when I was kneeling to tie up my shoelace).
I paid ?85gbp to get a replacement screen fitted which is working wonders (although it took a while, they tried 3 different screens before sourcing an actual 8x screen).

Charlie Pelosi

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Almost the same damage that was caused to my 1st 8x by the same method (it fell out of my pocket when I was kneeling to tie up my shoelace).
I paid ?85gbp to get a replacement screen fitted which is working wonders (although it took a while, they tried 3 different screens before sourcing an actual 8x screen).

Wow... I had dropped my 8X a few times before. Once on the machine shop floor, and I thought for sure it was screwed. But it was fine. Once on the way to my car and I swear the thing skidded 10 feet across the blacktop and the thing didn't even get a scratch! Looks like taking a hit on the edge of the glass makes it break... I had an Incipio feather case on mine but that does nothing to protect the glass, only the body.

I've had my Lumia 925 for a day or so now and it is a nice phone. If you already have an 8x I wouldn't go signing new contracts to get a 925. There are some things I like about the 925, like the camera and louder speaker, but I miss from my 8X like the charging LED and the bottom charging port, beats audio, and the 8X feels more durable to me.

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Wow... I had dropped my 8X a few times before. Once on the machine shop floor, and I thought for sure it was screwed. But it was fine. Once on the way to my car and I swear the thing skidded 10 feet across the blacktop and the thing didn't even get a scratch! Looks like taking a hit on the edge of the glass makes it break... I had an Incipio feather case on mine but that does nothing to protect the glass, only the body.

I've had my Lumia 925 for a day or so now and it is a nice phone. If you already have an 8x I wouldn't go signing new contracts to get a 925. There are some things I like about the 925, like the camera and louder speaker, but I miss from my 8X like the charging LED and the bottom charging port, beats audio, and the 8X feels more durable to me.

Yeah I think the problem was I had the official HTC case which is hardened plastic with no give, so for dropping it made it worse. I now have a gel case which is awesome, much better feel, fit, and grip than the official HTC case.
Our work phones are the 920's and to be honest I prefer my 8X over them, although if it's any consolation the 920's are not indestructible, one of the other workers dropped there's and did worse damage than what my 8x was.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss