download latest nokia firmware without navifirm ;-) inc 1020

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
ATT Lumia 1020 is not flashable. Rogers L1020 has newer firmware than ATT L1020 and as of now there seems is no way of flashing anything on ATT L1020. Some blockage by Nokia. I've tried many different ways to flash something to get sense or tether, but ATT is shafting us again.
Not flashable?

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
yep, I got that too. The "downloads" list appears to be empty. it as if its not aware of any downloads done by v4 suite

sorry for delayed response i am at work ...... right i had this trouble too but i thought it was just my pc ......

right here we go this should help

your firmware will be downloaded to here c/programData/Nokia/Packages/products when you download it via nokia care suite 4 this can be seen if you open care suite 5 and go to file prefrences and then data package

now this section on my pc is a system file and hidden so what i did was simply open c drive unhide files so i could see program data i then followed the string and opened nokia then packages and then products and there was a folder called 875 this should have the firmware in it

now what i did is copy that whole folder called 875 , not the contents but the whole folder to my downloads folder on my pc which is obvously not a hidden folder so that when i openend my downloads folder there was a folder called 875 with my firmware in it

i then went back to care suite 5 and then file , then prefrences , then data package and then add ... then simply add the 875 folder that you just copied to downloads (or where ever you put it)

now with nokia care suite 5 make sure your 1020 is disconnected and switched off , it should say no connection in care suite 5 , click file open product , then chose 875 , it will now show a 1020 but still say no connection , click down the bottom where it says prorgramming , click recovery , now it will have some boxes one will say product code , put in the product code for the firmware you downloaded and then click update list , it should now find the downloadedf firmware you moved to downloads and told the program where to look for it a bit earlier

now the start button should be able to be pushed , push the start button without the 1020 connected and still switched off , the program will check your firmware that you downloaded and then when it is checked it will tell you to connect your nokia 1020 , ignore the stuff about turning on till vibrates just connect the 1020 switched off , after a few seconds it will say the firmware doesnt match your product code but do you wish to continue , say yes and hold your breath ;-)

your 1020 is now flashing

you will loose all data so please back up 1st

your warranty may be invalidated from your operator as well so be carefull

i hope this helps finish your flashing procedure i will type it all up properly later , the thread was just inteneded for ''how to get free firmware'' which you mananged to do ;-) however i will update 1st post with the flashing process too as it will help others no doubt

enjoy

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
sorry for delayed response i am at work ...... right i had this trouble too but i thought it was just my pc ......

right here we go this should help

your firmware will be downloaded to here c/programData/Nokia/Packages/products when you download it via nokia care suite 4 this can be seen if you open care suite 5 and go to file prefrences and then data package

now this section on my pc is a system file and hidden so what i did was simply open c drive unhide files so i could see program data i then followed the string and opened nokia then packages and then products and there was a folder called 875 this should have the firmware in it

now what i did is copy that whole folder called 875 , not the contents but the whole folder to my downloads folder on my pc which is obvously not a hidden folder so that when i openend my downloads folder there was a folder called 875 with my firmware in it

i then went back to care suite 5 and then file , then prefrences , then data package and then add ... then simply add the 875 folder that you just copied to downloads (or where ever you put it)

now with nokia care suite 5 make sure your 1020 is disconnected and switched off , it should say no connection in care suite 5 , click file open product , then chose 875 , it will now show a 1020 but still say no connection , click down the bottom where it says prorgramming , click recovery , now it will have some boxes one will say product code , put in the product code for the firmware you downloaded and then click update list , it should now find the downloadedf firmware you moved to downloads and told the program where to look for it a bit earlier

now the start button should be able to be pushed , push the start button without the 1020 connected and still switched off , the program will check your firmware that you downloaded and then when it is checked it will tell you to connect your nokia 1020 , ignore the stuff about turning on till vibrates just connect the 1020 switched off , after a few seconds it will say the firmware doesnt match your product code but do you wish to continue , say yes and hold your breath ;-)

your 1020 is now flashing

you will loose all data so please back up 1st

your warranty may be invalidated from your operator as well so be carefull

i hope this helps finish your flashing procedure i will type it all up properly later , the thread was just inteneded for ''how to get free firmware'' which you mananged to do ;-) however i will update 1st post with the flashing process too as it will help others no doubt

enjoy
Thanks. That did the trick! Now sporting an unbranded firmware

A couple of points....
1. Had to copy the whole Package folder not just 875, because when adding the folder to data packages it added /Products to it (which can't be removed, so expecting products subfolder)
2. I did have to hold down buttons as instructed to reboot.
3. make sure you don't have a high blood pressure!!

wmandrewwilson

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
So if you used this trick to flash your 1020 to a different carrier's firmware (while staying in the product code), could us AT&T 1020 users flash a Rogers firmware on there using this method? The product codes are the same. I am going to give this a shot after work today.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Not flashable?
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/245043-has-anyone-flashed-att-1020-international-rom.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/245271-has-anybody-managed-flash-atts-lumia-925-different-firmware.html
I'm too lazy to search for more references of
I'm unable to flash anything on L1020
but there are plenty, and i've tried all of the known ways of flashing with NCS. Another funny thing is that T-Mobile's L925 is flash-able, few folks have mentioned/proved that it is possible to flash T-Mobile's L925.

Edit: ATT and Rogers Product codes:
Here are the ATT's product codes:
059T019 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL YELLOW
059T013 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL WHITE
059S9T1 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL BLACK
And the Rogers product code is 059T1V9
Some of my unsuccessful attempts:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/243839-3.htm#post2171051

Edit: I do not wan't to confuse anybody with my experiment. I essence, i've tried all of the known flashing methods on ATT L1020 and ATT L925, that is why i've listed link to L925 and L1020 threads.

Last edited:

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
So if you used this trick to flash your 1020 to a different carrier's firmware (while staying in the product code), could us AT&T 1020 users flash a Rogers firmware on there using this method? The product codes are the same. I am going to give this a shot after work today.
I am led to believe that as long as you are in the same product family it should be ok to flash. but someone above [kable_mk] said that AT&T are unflashable. I am not sure what product code rogers nor AT&T is - and I think that might be the problem?

I guess the best thing to do first, is work out what type+product code is for both AT&T and Roger 1020 phones. The only way I know is by installing the suite (you gonna have to do that anyway), connect your phone, then it should come up with the type and product code (and share it here I guess). Then hopefully a 1020 Rogers user can also tell you what their product code is.

Then once you know what product code 1020 Rogers is, then you might be able to download it providing that its available to download from nokia servers.

BTW, does both AT&T and Rogers use the same bands? Are they both compatible?

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I am led to believe that as long as you are in the same product family it should be ok to flash. but someone above [kable_mk] said that AT&T are unflashable. I am not sure what product code rogers nor AT&T is - and I think that might be the problem?

I guess the best thing to do first, is work out what type+product code is for both AT&T and Roger 1020 phones. The only way I know is by installing the suite (you gonna have to do that anyway), connect your phone, then it should come up with the type and product code (and share it here I guess). Then hopefully a 1020 Rogers user can also tell you what their product code is.

Then once you know what product code 1020 Rogers is, then you might be able to download it providing that its available to download from nokia servers.

BTW, does both AT&T and Rogers use the same bands? Are they both compatible?
I believe that ATT version lacks UMTS 1700 (1700_2100), so Rogers version is truly penta-band UMTS model. I'm not an expert, but my opinion is that the firmwares on ATT's and Rogers should be compatible, that is why i've tried to flash it.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Could you provide more details please? You have an ATT 1020 flashed with Roger's firmware? Also, what features do you have now vs ATT firmware? Data Sense? Wifi Calling?
Judging from the screenshots that he's posted (the sections where it says USB1:RM-875; this is where NCS recognized the phone as RM-875 based on drivers-NCS connection), i do not think that he has ATT L1020. ATT L1020 is RM-877 (Rogers too). From the product code 059T4N3, i believe he is trying to flash (well, he said he did successfully) country variant of GB (Great Britain). His phone might be from GB too.

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, sorry, the AT&T thing was not me, I was unbranding a Three-UK phone, partly as I use it on a different carrier and partly so I'm not tied to any carrier for updates.

But I can confirm that the process that Buxz777 posted does work fine for flashing a new firmware to the phone.

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I just followed the thread and got my Lumia 1020 on GDR 3 preview, debranded to a GB CV ROM, back to GDR2. From there, I downloaded Preview for Dev and installed back to GDR3. It works!

Sent from my mobile Tapatalk

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
hello peeps , just wanted to say glad its helped a few people and again i will type up the 1st post a bit neater when i get a chance been so busy with work its unreal , not even a chance to get out and take photos with my 1020 :-/ sucks :-/

anyways glad it helped and enjoy :)

ps
dont forget the thanks button if you found this little guide helpfull ;-)

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to de-brand an AT&T L1020? (Black Color)
Yes, I need help LOL.

hi mate from what people have posted i dont think it is so far :-/ :-/ i am from the uk so cant help with this to much but other users have posted it is not possible :-/ sorry mate

edwardob

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
i'm afraid i keep getting this during flash
"Could not load file or assembly 'Nokia.Murzim.Uefi.FlashApp.Core.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found."

Ali akbar Dehghani

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,All
please see this screenshut,What is wrong?
Who can send me link dl?with Email or share a link ?
my 1020 is ((059S9T1 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL BLACK)) ((Software Version 3045.0000.1325.0001)) .
i want update to : ((059T3M3 RM-877 LIGHT SWAP ENGINE GLOBAL))
changing product code.059S9T1 TO 059T3M3.
I do want to take the risk anyway.
What do you think? Is it possible?
if you could send it(firmware product code:059T3M3) to me, I'll do it., And I announced the result.
Thanks to all.

Lumia 1020.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos